After the execution of frame.iframe.document.designMode="On" , I lost the access to iframe, it says

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by bhaskarna@yahoo.com, Jul 17, 2003.

  1. Guest

    I have a window in which i have a frame. In the frame one of 'tr'
    element is iframe. Now I want to set/access the variables of iframe
    thru
    the frame ie., frame.iframe.document.designMode.

    By default the value of above variable is "Inherit" the moment after
    the execution of the following line
    frame.iframe.document.designMode = "On";

    I am not able to access any variables under frame.iframe.document. it
    says "permission denied"

    I have the above line of code in the html file where I defined the
    frame and iframe.

    I tried setting the value thru
    frame.all.document.iframe.document.designMode. if i try to set any
    value thru this way, then its value is becoming "Off".

    I noticed this strange behaviour while debugging in visual interdev.

    This problem started happening after doing the following change:

    In this window, i am setting document.domain to
    document.domain.substring(document.domain.indexOf('.') + 1)
    (a standard workaround to access JS variables across different sites
    in the same domain. I did it for some other purpose).

    I noticed this behaviour in IE 6 sp1.

    Any light on this will be highly appreciated.

    Thanks in advance,
    Bhaskar

    , Jul 17, 2003