After the execution of frame.iframe.document.designMode="On" , I lost the access to iframe, it says

bhaskarna

I have a window in which i have a frame. In the frame one of 'tr'
element is iframe. Now I want to set/access the variables of iframe
thru
the frame ie., frame.iframe.document.designMode.

By default the value of above variable is "Inherit" the moment after
the execution of the following line
frame.iframe.document.designMode = "On";

I am not able to access any variables under frame.iframe.document. it
says "permission denied"

I have the above line of code in the html file where I defined the
frame and iframe.

I tried setting the value thru
frame.all.document.iframe.document.designMode. if i try to set any
value thru this way, then its value is becoming "Off".

I noticed this strange behaviour while debugging in visual interdev.

This problem started happening after doing the following change:

In this window, i am setting document.domain to
document.domain.substring(document.domain.indexOf('.') + 1)
(a standard workaround to access JS variables across different sites
in the same domain. I did it for some other purpose).

I noticed this behaviour in IE 6 sp1.

Any light on this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Bhaskar