Again: White border in Linux Java?

Jay Bromley

Rene Schmidt said:
The problem is to get rid of the white borders, or at least use a less white
color. The system is SUSE-Linux with Java 1.5 and a Radeon 9600 graphics
card.

As one of the responders to your original post mentioned, it's the decoration
provided by your X Window Manager, and as such must be changed externally to
your Java code. How this is done depends on the window manager you use,
perhaps look for something about themes for your window manager.

One thing you could do is use the Java decorations (see the
setDefaultLookAndFeelDecorated method for JFrame and JDialog) instead of the
platform window decorations. This way you get a consistent look across all
platforms. I believe you can detect the OS you're running on, and so perhaps
only use the Java decorations if you are running under some *nix. For this
take a look at System.getProperties(), in particular the os.name and os.arch
properties.

Regards.