Age Old Question: Back \ Next buttons

Bryan

Ok.. Im sure you've all seen this question many times, but i havent yet
found a viable solution to this problem..
In my web application, there is a section wher the user must enter data to
be saved in a database .. unfortunately, there is quite alot of data to be
saved and certain input fields are generated according to previously entered
information.. for these reasons, i need more than one page to do this,
besides.. its easier with more than one page.

So what Im working with now is 4 aspx pages. Each has a [Next] button to
obviously goto the next step in the process, but i cant figure out how to
make a [Back] button that still contains the data the user entered. If i
used server.transfer or redirect then it will reload the page and everything
will be blank. ive tried to write my own class to save the data when the
user presses Next and then to reload it from memory On_Load but it doesnt
work.

If anyone has an suggestions or links to some website that does id really
appreciate it. Please reply also to my email, as i dont get to check the
NGs very often.

Thanks
bryan
bryan[AT]beginningsend[DOT]net

anony

What about using Panels? You can mimic a multi-page process with just one
..aspx page.

avnrao

try out putting putting the data in xml format and storing it in session.
on page load get it from xml if it exists.

Av.