Aggressive language on python-list

Discussion in 'Python' started by Zero Piraeus, Oct 13, 2012.

  1. Zero Piraeus

    Zero Piraeus Guest

    :

    Not sure exactly how to put this ...

    I'm a mostly passive subscriber to this list - my posts here over the
    years could probably be counted without having to take my socks off -
    so perhaps I have no right to comment, but I've noticed a marked
    increase in aggressive language here lately, so I'm putting my head
    above the parapet to say that I don't appreciate it.

    Robust disagreement is one thing [and can be quite enjoyable for those
    of us merely spectating], but there's really no need to go around
    calling people idiots at the drop of a hat. Quite apart from anything
    else, when the contributor you're calling names is as helpful and
    knowledgeable a member of the community as some of those targeted have
    been, it makes you look a bit daft.

    And, yes, I know bringing it up could be construed as stoking the
    flames ... but, well, "silence = acquiescence" and all that.

    -[]z.

    Zero Piraeus, Oct 13, 2012