Agile Development with Ruby on Rails

Jenjhiz

Hello,
I bought the PDF version of the book yesterday. I'm having problems
creating a new application. Here's what I did, as per the book's
instructions:

1. Installed Rails: gem install rails
2. Created a working directory: md c:\work
3. Navigated to it: cd work
4. Created a rails application: rails demo
5. cd demo
6. Started WEBrick: ruby script/server
WEBrick started, using port 3000.
7. Pointed browser to: http://localhost:3000/
And this is where I get the "Seeing this instead of the website you
expected?" Apache page, instead of the Rails application. I turned off
the Apache service, just in case, but no success.
Any ideas on how I may solve this problem?
Thanks,
gk

Joe Van Dyk

Hello,
I bought the PDF version of the book yesterday. I'm having problems
creating a new application. Here's what I did, as per the book's
instructions:
=20
1. Installed Rails: gem install rails
2. Created a working directory: md c:\work
3. Navigated to it: cd work
4. Created a rails application: rails demo
5. cd demo
6. Started WEBrick: ruby script/server
WEBrick started, using port 3000.
7. Pointed browser to: http://localhost:3000/
And this is where I get the "Seeing this instead of the website you
expected?" Apache page, instead of the Rails application. I turned off
the Apache service, just in case, but no success.
Any ideas on how I may solve this problem?
Thanks,
gk

You're still seeing Apache pages after you turn off Apache?

Virender Dogra

What do you get when you try http://127.0.0.1:3000/
?