Agile Web Development with Rails Book

cyx.ucron

hello to all,

i just like to ask if the book is up to date with the current / latest
release of rails, or if it indicates deprecated method names /
approaches / techniques.

yours,

cyx

Patrick Hurley

i just like to ask if the book is up to date with the current / latest
release of rails, or if it indicates deprecated method names /
approaches / techniques.

The book is up to date, there have been a few additions to Rails since
it was written, but nothing in the book is depreciated or changed. I
will also offer a personal recommendation -- I have it and have found
it valuable.

pth

Peter Burns

------=_Part_4073_11539098.1129953884056

Does the book covers the latest features and changes in version 0.14? I
haven't generated a new copy of it in a little while (and I couldn't see ho=
to do so from their site), but last I checked it didn't cover things like
Active Migrations, Switchtower, and the like.

Of course, I should also say that quality-wise the book is excellent. I
probably wouldn't have learned Rails without it, and it's a huge step up
from anything else that I know for learning Rails at the moment, but as far
as I know it isn't up to date on the newest version.

The book is up to date, there have been a few additions to Rails since
it was written, but nothing in the book is depreciated or changed. I
will also offer a personal recommendation -- I have it and have found
it valuable.

pth

------=_Part_4073_11539098.1129953884056--

Peter Burns

*Does the book _cover_ the latest features...

Sorry for the double post, but that's such a glaring mistake.

zdennis

Peter said:
*Does the book _cover_ the latest features...

no, the agile web development with rails book does cover things like
SwitchTower or Acive Migration.

My bet is books covering these topics will come out soon. Anyone know
for sure on this?

Zach

Dave Thomas

no, the agile web development with rails book does cover things
like SwitchTower or Acive Migration.

Not yet. I'm waiting for things to settle down a tad, and then will
start working on it. I estimate several man-months of work, so don't
hold your collective breath. However, we will be the first book to
have 1.0 coverage.

Folks with the PDF will continue to be able to upgrade it for free,
both now and after the updates are in.

Cheers

Dave

Jeremy Kemper