AGLOCO- this worries Google

ketanarora

Hi,

AGLOCO- this worries Google
Bill Gates thinks Google should be worried!
You must have heard by now about Agloco and how many people think it
is going to be bigger than Google... Now Bill Gates is on record
saying they have a great business model and that Google should be
worried.

Google search result produce - 1,400,000 web pages for Agloco.

Google makes billions of $$$ and keeps it all for itself... Agloco
one
day is going to also make billions of $$$ except it will be completely
shared out to its members!

You make money with Agloco by using your computer as you would
normally!

Plus Agloco has a great referral pakage!
So start building your network!

Join AGLOCO - Own the Internet! click on this...

www.agloco.com/r/BBCD7223

It's all over the blogosphere and Bill Gates has been quoted as
saying he believes it "will be the next big thing to hit the
internet", so
what is Agloco and will they really pay you for surfing the net?

I too was sceptical when I heard about it but after spending a few
hours googling and reading about it, I have not only come round to the
idea but am now thinking it could really work and could really make
us (that's me and all of you who are reading this) some money.

regards,

Ketan Arora
www.agloco.com/r/BBCD7223

Andrew Thompson

On Mar 24, 7:38 pm, "(e-mail address removed)" <[email protected]>
wrote:

Sub: AG-SPAMO this worries Google

4 things.
a) I think not, but..
b) I don't care either way.
c) You are a multi-posting spammer
d) P*ss off.

Andrew T.

Joe Attardi

Sub: AG-SPAMO this worries Google

4 things.
a) I think not, but..
b) I don't care either way.
c) You are a multi-posting spammer
d) P*ss off.

Andrew,

I've got to commend you in your relentless fight against spammers in
this newsgroup. :)

Joe

Lew

Joe said:
Andrew,

I've got to commend you in your relentless fight against spammers in
this newsgroup. :)

Too bad the multi-posting spammers
a) don't read the responses, and
b) don't p*ss off.

But it sure is fun to excoriate them in absentia.

-- Lew

Greg R. Broderick

Andrew,

I've got to commend you in your relentless fight against spammers in
this newsgroup. :)

I would too, except for the facts that:

1. 99.5 percent of the spammers never read replies to their postings, so
these responses are wasted.

2. Andrew's replies expose those of us who have effective killfiles to parts
of the spam that our killfiles had eliminated (unless we want to also
killfile Andrew, which I don't!).

Cheers
GRB

Greg R. Broderick (e-mail address removed)

A. Top posters.

Karl Uppiano

wrote:

Sub: AG-SPAMO this worries Google

4 things.
a) I think not, but..
b) I don't care either way.
c) You are a multi-posting spammer
d) P*ss off.

This character obviously did not read this:
http://www.agloco.com/web/guest/antispam

<BLOCKQUOTE>
"AGLOCOT's anti-spam policy, acceptance of which is a condition of our
General Membership Agreement, is very simple: if you spam, you are out. Your
account will be closed, your referrals will be lost, any benefits due to you
will forfeited, and you will be ineligible for a new account."
</BLOCKQUOTE>

That notwithstanding, the setup looks a little suspect to me.

Andrew Thompson

On Mar 25, 5:27 am, "Greg R. Broderick" <gregb
(e-mail address removed)> wrote:
1. 99.5 percent of the spammers never read replies to their postings, so
these responses are wasted.

As odd as this may seem. My comments are not
actually meant for the spammer themselves.
2. Andrew's replies expose those of us who have effective killfiles to parts
of the spam that our killfiles had eliminated (unless we want to also
killfile Andrew, which I don't!).

Good point, and something I have been meaning
to check. If I were to put an unique key phrase
in the second post to each spam, does your news reader
offer the ability to filter the *entire* *thread*
based on that?

Andrew T.

Chris Uppal

Andrew said:
Good point, and something I have been meaning
to check. If I were to put an unique key phrase
in the second post to each spam,

Does the expression "P*ss off" not already suffice for that purpose ?

-- chris

Andrew Thompson

Does the expression "P*ss off" not already suffice for that purpose ?

;-) I use that expression 'regularly' on
such posts, but (so far) not every time.
I am also a bit worried about the exact
string, as I would not want to cause others
to 'pAss off' any thread without good cause,
and I think the inclusion of the 'wildcard'
character might cause problems there.

To be more specific, I would want any
filter to be a longish and very unusual
acronym (maybe?) consisting entirely of