AGLOCO- this worries Google

Discussion in 'Java' started by ketanarora@gmail.com, Mar 24, 2007.

    AGLOCO- this worries Google
    Bill Gates thinks Google should be worried!
    You must have heard by now about Agloco and how many people think it
    is going to be bigger than Google... Now Bill Gates is on record
    saying they have a great business model and that Google should be
    worried.

    Google search result produce - 1,400,000 web pages for Agloco.

    Google makes billions of $$$ and keeps it all for itself... Agloco
    one
    day is going to also make billions of $$$ except it will be completely
    shared out to its members!

    You make money with Agloco by using your computer as you would
    normally!

    Plus Agloco has a great referral pakage!
    So start building your network!

    Join AGLOCO - Own the Internet! click on this...

    www.agloco.com/r/BBCD7223

    It's all over the blogosphere and Bill Gates has been quoted as
    saying he believes it "will be the next big thing to hit the
    internet", so
    what is Agloco and will they really pay you for surfing the net?

    I too was sceptical when I heard about it but after spending a few
    hours googling and reading about it, I have not only come round to the
    idea but am now thinking it could really work and could really make
    us (that's me and all of you who are reading this) some money.

    regards,

    Ketan Arora
    www.agloco.com/r/BBCD7223
    , Mar 24, 2007

  2. On Mar 24, 7:38 pm, "" <>
    wrote:

    Sub: AG-SPAMO this worries Google

    4 things.
    a) I think not, but..
    b) I don't care either way.
    c) You are a multi-posting spammer
    d) P*ss off.

    Andrew T.
    Andrew Thompson, Mar 24, 2007

  3. Joe Attardi Guest

    On Mar 24, 4:42 am, "Andrew Thompson" <> wrote:
    > Sub: AG-SPAMO this worries Google
    >
    > 4 things.
    > a) I think not, but..
    > b) I don't care either way.
    > c) You are a multi-posting spammer
    > d) P*ss off.

    Andrew,

    I've got to commend you in your relentless fight against spammers in
    this newsgroup. :)

    Joe
    Joe Attardi, Mar 24, 2007
  4. Lew Guest

    Joe Attardi wrote:
    > On Mar 24, 4:42 am, "Andrew Thompson" <> wrote:
    >> Sub: AG-SPAMO this worries Google
    >>
    >> 4 things.
    >> a) I think not, but..
    >> b) I don't care either way.
    >> c) You are a multi-posting spammer
    >> d) P*ss off.

    > Andrew,
    >
    > I've got to commend you in your relentless fight against spammers in
    > this newsgroup. :)

    Too bad the multi-posting spammers
    a) don't read the responses, and
    b) don't p*ss off.

    But it sure is fun to excoriate them in absentia.

    -- Lew
    Lew, Mar 24, 2007
  5. "Joe Attardi" <> wrote in news:1174737929.364803.34770
    @n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

    > On Mar 24, 4:42 am, "Andrew Thompson" <> wrote:
    >> Sub: AG-SPAMO this worries Google
    >>
    >> 4 things.
    >> a) I think not, but..
    >> b) I don't care either way.
    >> c) You are a multi-posting spammer d) P*ss off.

    > Andrew,
    >
    > I've got to commend you in your relentless fight against spammers in
    > this newsgroup. :)

    I would too, except for the facts that:

    1. 99.5 percent of the spammers never read replies to their postings, so
    these responses are wasted.

    2. Andrew's replies expose those of us who have effective killfiles to parts
    of the spam that our killfiles had eliminated (unless we want to also
    killfile Andrew, which I don't!).

    Cheers
    GRB

    Greg R. Broderick

    A. Top posters.
    Greg R. Broderick, Mar 24, 2007
  6. Karl Uppiano Guest

    "Andrew Thompson" <> wrote in message
    > On Mar 24, 7:38 pm, "" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > Sub: AG-SPAMO this worries Google
    >
    > 4 things.
    > a) I think not, but..
    > b) I don't care either way.
    > c) You are a multi-posting spammer
    > d) P*ss off.

    This character obviously did not read this:
    http://www.agloco.com/web/guest/antispam

    <BLOCKQUOTE>
    "AGLOCOT's anti-spam policy, acceptance of which is a condition of our
    General Membership Agreement, is very simple: if you spam, you are out. Your
    account will be closed, your referrals will be lost, any benefits due to you
    will forfeited, and you will be ineligible for a new account."
    </BLOCKQUOTE>

    That notwithstanding, the setup looks a little suspect to me.
    Karl Uppiano, Mar 24, 2007
  7. On Mar 25, 5:27 am, "Greg R. Broderick" <gregb
    > wrote:
    > 1. 99.5 percent of the spammers never read replies to their postings, so
    > these responses are wasted.

    As odd as this may seem. My comments are not
    actually meant for the spammer themselves.

    > 2. Andrew's replies expose those of us who have effective killfiles to parts
    > of the spam that our killfiles had eliminated (unless we want to also
    > killfile Andrew, which I don't!).

    Good point, and something I have been meaning
    to check. If I were to put an unique key phrase
    in the second post to each spam, does your news reader
    offer the ability to filter the *entire* *thread*
    based on that?

    Andrew T.
    Andrew Thompson, Mar 25, 2007
  8. Chris Uppal Guest

    Andrew Thompson wrote:

    > > 2. Andrew's replies expose those of us who have effective killfiles to
    > > parts of the spam that our killfiles had eliminated (unless we want to
    > > also killfile Andrew, which I don't!).

    > Good point, and something I have been meaning
    > to check. If I were to put an unique key phrase
    > in the second post to each spam,

    Does the expression "P*ss off" not already suffice for that purpose ?

    -- chris
    Chris Uppal, Mar 25, 2007
  9. On Mar 25, 6:52 pm, "Chris Uppal" <-
    THIS.org> wrote:
    > Andrew Thompson wrote:
    > > > 2. Andrew's replies expose those of us who have effective killfiles to
    > > > parts of the spam that our killfiles had eliminated (unless we want to
    > > > also killfile Andrew, which I don't!).

    > > Good point, and something I have been meaning
    > > to check. If I were to put an unique key phrase
    > > in the second post to each spam,

    > Does the expression "P*ss off" not already suffice for that purpose ?

    ;-) I use that expression 'regularly' on
    such posts, but (so far) not every time.
    I am also a bit worried about the exact
    string, as I would not want to cause others
    to 'pAss off' any thread without good cause,
    and I think the inclusion of the 'wildcard'
    character might cause problems there.

    To be more specific, I would want any
    filter to be a longish and very unusual
    acronym (maybe?) consisting entirely of