[AHDL]

news1.ustronie.pw.edu.pl

Hi!

I couldn't find group for AHDL so I decided to write here.
I have proble with writing value to register.
my register:
register[7..0] : DFF;
my constatnt
CONSTANT TIME = H"23";

and when I am tring like this

register[] = TIME;

I see in my simulator register's value :
XX1XXX11

Is anybody can tell my wy there are 'X' instead '0' ?

Thanks in advance

Andy

AHDL is a proprietary language owned by Altera.

Strangely, Xilinx webpack has an AHDL -> VHDL translator, but Altera
does not...

If possible, I would suggest abandoning AHDL, in favor of vhdl.

Andy

Hilko

Hi,

i think Altera optimizes away the bits that stuck to gnd.
Try to lay register[] on an output......

CONSTANT TIME = H"23";
subdesign test
(
clk : input;
register[7..0] : output;
)

variable
register[7..0] : DFF;

begin
register[].clk = clk;
register[] = TIME;
end;

Then it should work. I know it's ugly but i don't see another
way to prevent Altera from optimizing.

Hilko

Andy Peters

Andy said:
AHDL is a proprietary language owned by Altera.

Strangely, Xilinx webpack has an AHDL -> VHDL translator, but Altera
does not...

That's really an Altera-to-Xilinx conversion feature.

-a