Ajax and PageRequestManagerServerErrorException

Chris Zopers

Hello,

I have an asp:UpdatePanel with some controls in it.
The UpdatePanel has a Timer as a trigger and a button inside the
UpdatePanel as a trigger.

All works fine, but sometimes I get the following error:

Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: an unknown error
occurred while processing the request on the server. The status code
returned from the server was: 500

The button updates some records in an Oracle database and the timer gets
some records from the same Oracle database.

I have the impression that the error occurs when the button and the
timer event execute at the same time, but I am not totally sure about
that. Maybe it has something to do with accessing Oracle at the same
time from the same client computer?

Does anyone recognize this exception and knows a solution for this?

Greetings,
Chris

bruce barker

the error means that on the ajax postback, your page is throwing an error.
you shoudl add error logging and error handling to the page.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)