AJAX / ATLAS

Rob Meade

Dear all,

I'm keen to try something new, and have a scenario where I would like to see
if a username has already been taken without reloading the entire page...

Having read a couple of articles online it would seem that Ajax.Net is
"ready to go" and easy to set up - where-as at the moment Atlas is a little
harder to integrate and get up to speed with.

I'm writing my application in .net 2.0 so could use either...I just thought
I'd see what people thought would be a good way forward.

Should I go with the simpler approach initially, get a feel for how it all
works and then maybe at a later stage move to Atlas, or should I just give
that a go right now?

Remember, this is for what I believe to be a "simple" task, ie, check a
database to see if the username has already been taken - there will be a
coupe of other situations where I will be doing similar tasks (checking if
an email address is already in use with an account etc) so the principle is
very similar.

What would you do?

Regards

Rob