AJAX / ATLAS

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Rob Meade, Nov 23, 2006.

  1. Rob Meade

    Rob Meade Guest

    Dear all,

    I'm keen to try something new, and have a scenario where I would like to see
    if a username has already been taken without reloading the entire page...

    Having read a couple of articles online it would seem that Ajax.Net is
    "ready to go" and easy to set up - where-as at the moment Atlas is a little
    harder to integrate and get up to speed with.

    I'm writing my application in .net 2.0 so could use either...I just thought
    I'd see what people thought would be a good way forward.

    Should I go with the simpler approach initially, get a feel for how it all
    works and then maybe at a later stage move to Atlas, or should I just give
    that a go right now?

    Remember, this is for what I believe to be a "simple" task, ie, check a
    database to see if the username has already been taken - there will be a
    coupe of other situations where I will be doing similar tasks (checking if
    an email address is already in use with an account etc) so the principle is
    very similar.

    What would you do?

    Regards

    Rob