AJAX Autocomplete Extender problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Stefan Filip, Nov 21, 2007.

  1. Stefan Filip

    Stefan Filip Guest

    Hello,

    I have an ajax autocomplete extented on a page and it works just fine in the
    ASP .net Development Server, but after I put it on an IIS server it doesn't
    work anymore. Here's the code I have:

    Start.aspx:
    <ajaxToolkit:AutoCompleteExtender
    runat="server"
    BehaviorID="AutoCompleteEx"
    ID="autoComplete1"
    TargetControlID="txtSearch"
    ServicePath="AutoCompleteWS.asmx"
    ServiceMethod="AutoCompleteExplorableObjects"
    MinimumPrefixLength="2"
    CompletionInterval="1000"
    EnableCaching="true"
    CompletionSetCount="20"

    CompletionListCssClass="autocomplete_completionListElement"

    CompletionListItemCssClass="autocomplete_listItem"

    CompletionListHighlightedItemCssClass="autocomplete_highlightedListItem"
    DelimiterCharacters=";, :">

    AutoCompleteWS.asmx:
    [WebService(Namespace = "http://tempuri.org/")]
    [WebServiceBinding(ConformsTo = WsiProfiles.BasicProfile1_1)]
    [System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptService]
    public class AutoCompleteWS : System.Web.Services.WebService
    {

    [System.Web.Services.WebMethod]
    [System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptMethod]
    public string[] AutoCompleteExplorableObjects(string prefixText, int
    count)
    {
    return BussinesLogic.AutoCompleteExplorableObjects(prefixText,
    count);

    Did anyone have this kind of problem and how can it be solved? Thanks!
    Stefan Filip, Nov 21, 2007

  2. Stefan Filip

    Steph Guest

    Stefan Filip wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have an ajax autocomplete extented on a page and it works just fine in the
    > ASP .net Development Server, but after I put it on an IIS server it doesn't
    > work anymore. Here's the code I have:
    >
    > Start.aspx:
    > <ajaxToolkit:AutoCompleteExtender
    > runat="server"
    > BehaviorID="AutoCompleteEx"
    > ID="autoComplete1"
    > TargetControlID="txtSearch"
    > ServicePath="AutoCompleteWS.asmx"
    > ServiceMethod="AutoCompleteExplorableObjects"
    > MinimumPrefixLength="2"
    > CompletionInterval="1000"
    > EnableCaching="true"
    > CompletionSetCount="20"
    >
    > CompletionListCssClass="autocomplete_completionListElement"
    >
    > CompletionListItemCssClass="autocomplete_listItem"
    >
    > CompletionListHighlightedItemCssClass="autocomplete_highlightedListItem"
    > DelimiterCharacters=";, :">
    >
    > AutoCompleteWS.asmx:
    > [WebService(Namespace = "http://tempuri.org/")]
    > [WebServiceBinding(ConformsTo = WsiProfiles.BasicProfile1_1)]
    > [System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptService]
    > public class AutoCompleteWS : System.Web.Services.WebService
    > {
    >
    > [System.Web.Services.WebMethod]
    > [System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptMethod]
    > public string[] AutoCompleteExplorableObjects(string prefixText, int
    > count)
    > {
    > return BussinesLogic.AutoCompleteExplorableObjects(prefixText,
    > count);
    >
    > Did anyone have this kind of problem and how can it be solved? Thanks!

    test your webservice : http://localhost/myproject/AutoCompleteWS.asmx
    or use "firefox" and "firebug" extension for analyse the http request
    and response server...
    Steph, Nov 27, 2007

  3. Stefan Filip

    yuriy.loginov

    Joined:
    Aug 28, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    the method that returns a string array of search results should be static:
    public static string[] GetCompletionList(string prefixText, int count)
    yuriy.loginov, Aug 28, 2012