Ajax Autocomplete Extender style

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Radu, Oct 9, 2008.

  1. Radu

    Radu Guest

    Hi.

    I have an autocomplete extender

    .list2 {
    border: 1px solid DarkGray;
    list-style-type: none;
    margin: 0px;
    background-color: #FFF;
    text-align: left;
    font-size:small;
    vertical-align:middle;
    color: black;
    }

    ul.list2 li {
    padding: 0px 0px;
    }

    .listitem2 {
    color: #000;
    }

    .hoverlistitem2 {
    background-color: DarkGray;
    }

    <ajaxToolkit:AutoCompleteExtender
    ID="AutoCompleteExtender1"
    TargetControlID="txtFirstName"
    MinimumPrefixLength="3"
    CompletionInterval="500"
    ServicePath="AutoComplete.asmx"
    ServiceMethod="GetCompletionList_FN"
    CompletionSetCount="20"
    DelimiterCharacters=";,:"
    EnableCaching="true"
    CompletionListCssClass="list2"
    CompletionListItemCssClass="listitem2"
    CompletionListHighlightedItemCssClass="hoverlistitem2"
    runat="server">
    </ajaxToolkit:AutoCompleteExtender>

    It works fine, but it has two problems:

    a. No matter what I do, the lines apparently have a one-line vertical
    spacing (i.e one blank line between the lines).
    b. Even if the property is CompletionSetCount="20", it returns all the
    entries matching the criteria, even if 500, and there is no VScrollbar
    on the list part of the extender, so the user has to scroll the entire
    page to see, say, item number 453.

    I guess I'm doing something wrong, but what ? I have tried all day to
    fix this. Could you help, please ?

    Thanks a lot.
    Alex

    Radu, Oct 9, 2008