    Any help in this regard will be of great help.

    thank you,

    sss
    SSS Develop, Apr 4, 2012

  2. SSS Develop

    Guest

    On Wed, 4 Apr 2012 04:07:01 -0700 (PDT), SSS Develop
    <> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >Looking for web application, written in Perl - which help me manage
    >services/applications in Linux Server.
    >
    >How difficult is develop such application Perl which has buttons
    >"Start" (if service is off), "Stop"(if service is on), "Restart" (if
    >service is on) services. The status etc should be fetched using Ajax
    >calls.
    >

    >Any help in this regard will be of great help.
    >
    >thank you,
    >
    >sss

    Take a look at www.webmin.com and you'll find what you are looking for
    (written in perl).
    , Apr 4, 2012

  3. SSS Develop

    SSS Develop Guest

    On Apr 5, 2:05 am, wrote:
    > On Wed, 4 Apr 2012 04:07:01 -0700 (PDT), SSS Develop
    >

    > <> wrote:
    > >Hello,

    > >Looking for web application, written in Perl - which help me manage
    > >services/applications in Linux Server.

    > >How difficult is  develop such application  Perl which has buttons
    > >"Start" (if service is off), "Stop"(if service is on), "Restart" (if
    > >service is on) services. The status etc should be fetched using Ajax
    > >calls.

    > >Any help in this regard will be of great help.

    > >thank you,

    > >sss

    > Take a look atwww.webmin.comand you'll find what you are looking for
    > (written in perl).

    Thank you. I am aware of webmin - that will be overkill solution.
    What i was looking for is very simple - any way, exploring Mojolicious
    to develop such solution.

    It will be great help if i get ideas - on architect such product

    thank you,
    SSS Develop, Apr 5, 2012
  4. On 05/04/2012 07:10, SSS Develop wrote:
    > On Apr 5, 2:05 am, wrote:
    >> On Wed, 4 Apr 2012 04:07:01 -0700 (PDT), SSS Develop
    >>
    >> <> wrote:
    >>> Hello,

    >>> Looking for web application, written in Perl - which help me manage
    >>> services/applications in Linux Server.

    >>> How difficult is develop such application Perl which has buttons
    >>> "Start" (if service is off), "Stop"(if service is on), "Restart" (if
    >>> service is on) services. The status etc should be fetched using Ajax
    >>> calls.

    >>> Any help in this regard will be of great help.

    >> Take a look atwww.webmin.comand you'll find what you are looking for
    >> (written in perl).

    > Thank you. I am aware of webmin - that will be overkill solution.
    > What i was looking for is very simple - any way, exploring Mojolicious
    > to develop such solution.
    >
    > It will be great help if i get ideas - on architect such product

    0) Divide task: GUI, others. Consider Model-View-Controller pattern.
    1) Choose a GUI tool (Tk?).
    2) Choose "Ajax" tool - You probably just need HTTP client.
    3) Write code.
    4) If errors: post code, questions & error messages here.

    --
    RGB
    RedGrittyBrick, Apr 5, 2012
  5. SSS Develop <> writes:

    > How difficult is develop such application Perl which has buttons
    > "Start" (if service is off), "Stop"(if service is on), "Restart" (if
    > service is on) services. The status etc should be fetched using Ajax
    > calls.

    Start by writing a command line tool which list the services and their
    status. Depending on your distribution this tool can be everything from
    trivial to quite hard to write.

    Having written the above tool yourself it should be trivial to turn into
    a simple ajax service. Do it nice and it might take you half an day from
    scratch. Any of the simple web frameworks should do, even a plain PSGI
    application.

    Then you need some frontend code. It doesn't sound too complex, but I
    have always just outsourced that to my web developer colleagues. But
    depending on how flashy you want it, it should take more than a few
    hours.

    This will solve the problem at hand, but not be the most flexible
    furture proof solution. Using some of the existing webbased tools for
    managing serveres might be wiser over time.

    The main problem is that the hard part is tied to you distribution and
    it might need to be rewritten to support other unices and even to
    support some furture version of your chosen distribution (unless you
    want to maintain a legacy init system too). Using one of the existing
    flexible solutions with lots of other users would lessen this furture
    work.

    //Makholm
    Peter Makholm, Apr 5, 2012