Ajax calendar, not working correctly

Paul

Hi I am using an ajax masked edit extender along with a text box and masked
edit validator and calendarExtender. It was working correctly but now for
some reason when the user selects the image button the calendar does popup
but when a date is selected the date is not displayed in the text box. If
you reload the page then the date is displayed in the textbox, any ideas?
thanks.

cfps.Christian

Sounds like the Calendar control is attempting to put an "invalid"
date into your textbox. I would check the string that you're
attempting to insert and determine if its in the correct format as
stipulated by your maskededitextender.

Or it could be that with the multiple extenders you might need to do a
postback on the textbox to see the changes.

Paul

Hi thanks for the response. I created a new webpage for testing in the same
project and just added a single textbox, calendar extendar and image button.
For some reason it seems to work sometimes and not other times, clicking on
the image button always brings up the calendar but sometimes when a date is
selected nothing shows up in the textbox. I have the ajax web toolkit on my
PC and the calendar always seems to work on it, always writes to the text
box. Is there anyway to see what is trying to be written to the textbox.
Also I am not using a validator now so thinking it should just write any
string to the textbox.

cfps.Christian

When I used the calendar extender I didn't run into any of these
problems, but I also made it so if you clicked the textbox the
calendar control popped up. Sight unseen all I can do is say to check
that the target control is set correctly, of if the textbox is being
asynchronously posted back at the same time as the control. Its
possible you could put the calendar extender in an update panel and
trigger an async postback on something like "SelectionChanged" and see
if the textbox refreshes that time.