Ajax communicate with seperate webpage

sam

Hi,

How can I use XMLHttpRequest communicate from webpage to another?
Currently I have a left/right frames, when the submit button pressed
(item is added to the database), the left frame should automatically
retrieve this item and display it on the page. I thought of using Ajax
(XMLHttpRequest object), but not sure how to use XMLHttpRequest object
in two different webpages.

Thanks
Sam

David Dorward

sam said:
How can I use XMLHttpRequest communicate from webpage to another?

XMLHttpRequest sends HTTP requests to a server and receives the response.
Currently I have a left/right frames

Oh dear. http://www.allmyfaqs.net/faq.pl?Problems_with_using_frames
, when the submit button pressed (item is added to the database), the left
frame should automatically retrieve this item and display it on the page.

No need for XMLHttpRequest. No need for JavaScript for that matter.

<form ... target="name_of_frame_on_left">