    http://www.asp.net/learn/Ajax-Control-Toolkit/tutorial-47-cs.aspx. I amn
    stuck at the choose items step and need help. When I go to add the
    AjaxcontrolToolkit.dll file it does not work. Will appreciate any suggestions.
    Alex. O. Koranteng, Sep 16, 2009

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QWxleC4gTy4gS29yYW50ZW5n?= <> wrote in

    > I have downloaded the latest release of the Ajax Control toolkit from
    > Codeplex and have extracted the AjaxControlBinariesToolkit file. I am
    > following the instruction per
    > http://www.asp.net/learn/Ajax-Control-Toolkit/tutorial-47-cs.aspx. I
    > amn stuck at the choose items step and need help. When I go to add the
    > AjaxcontrolToolkit.dll file it does not work. Will appreciate any
    > suggestions.

    What is the error you are recieving? That might help someone lead you to
    answer.

    NOTE that you can add the controls to a page without adding to the
    toolbox. It is more of a pain, as you have to properly reference the
    assembly manually (either in page or web.config) and add the tags a bit
    blindly (no drag and drop from toolbox).

    Peace and Grace,

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Twitter: @gbworld

    My vacation and childhood cancer awareness site:
    http://www.crazycancertour.com

    | Think outside the box! |
    Gregory A. Beamer, Sep 16, 2009

  3. Gregory,

    When I go to choose items after adding the tab for Ajax Control Toolkit, my
    solution project disappears and I hbave to start all over again. You
    mentioned in your thread about how to add the controls manually. Would that
    be my only option and what is the process.

    Thanks

    Alex. O. Koranteng, Sep 16, 2009
  4. Hello Alex,

    Which version of AjaxControlToolkit you used?
    If you used the lastest version 3.0.0512, you have to update your VS to
    VS2008 sp1.

    Then you can add the reference in your project.

    --
    Sincerely,

    Vince Xu

    Microsoft Online Support

    Vince Xu [MSFT], Sep 17, 2009
  5. Hi Alex,

    AjaxControlToolkit is following Microsoft Public License (Ms-PL), which is
    out of the support boundaries of our managed newsgroups. Please post it to
    http://forums.asp.net/1022.aspx if you'd like. It is not managed, but this
    forum will provide support for AjaxControlToolkit professionally.
    AjaxControlToolkit License:
    http://www.codeplex.com/AjaxControlToolkit/license
    MSDN Newsgroup Support Boundary:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/msdnts/archive/2006/11/08/msdn-service-introduction.as
    px

    --
    Regards,
    Vince
    Vince Xu [MSFT], Sep 17, 2009
  6. =?Utf-8?B?QWxleC4gTy4gS29yYW50ZW5n?= <> wrote in

    > Gregory,
    >
    > When I go to choose items after adding the tab for Ajax Control
    > Toolkit, my solution project disappears and I hbave to start all over
    > again. You mentioned in your thread about how to add the controls
    > manually. Would that be my only option and what is the process.

    Possibly, but let's look at the easy route first.

    1. What version of the AJAX libs are you using?
    2. What version of Visual Studio are you using?

    For the latest AJAX toolkit, you should be running Visual Studio 2008
    SP1. I am not sure this is the only way for compatibility, but it is the
    suggested route. If you have not installed SP1 yet, this might solve the
    issues.

    As for the manual editing, it is a matter of adding reference, very
    similar to a user control. You then have to manually type in the
    control. Not impossible, but certainly more painful than drag and drop.

    Peace and Grace,

    Gregory A. Beamer, Sep 17, 2009
  7. Gregory,

    I am using SP! for VS2008 because I am able to see the templates for
    Silverlight and Entity Frameworks when I attempt to create a new soltion
    project. I have added the AjaxControlToolkit.dll file from the the bin folder
    of the samplewebsite solution file from the extract of the zipped file. I am
    using the latest version of the toolkit download from codeplex. Since I
    cannot use the choos items route, I have opted to go the manual way. To me,
    this means when I open the default.aspx file, I should be able to add for
    insatnce the accordion control from the starting tag using intellisense, but
    this is not happening. Will appreciate any suggestiions

    Alex

    Alex. O. Koranteng, Sep 23, 2009
  8. Hello Alex,

    Did you use "add reference" to add the ajaxcontroltoolkit dll? If not,
    please use that to reference dll rather than put the dll file into bin
    folder directly.
    Then the lastest version of ajaxcontroltoolkit is 3.0.0512, it is based on
    VS2008 sp1(it's matched I think)
    So I think the problem is the approach you reference the dll.

    --------------------
    | From: =?Utf-8?B?QWxleC4gTy4gS29yYW50ZW5n?= <>
    | Subject: Re: Ajax Control Toolkit Install for VS2008
    | Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 16:29:02 -0700
    | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
    |
    | Gregory,
    |
    | I am using SP! for VS2008 because I am able to see the templates for
    | Silverlight and Entity Frameworks when I attempt to create a new soltion
    | project. I have added the AjaxControlToolkit.dll file from the the bin
    folder
    | of the samplewebsite solution file from the extract of the zipped file. I
    am
    | using the latest version of the toolkit download from codeplex. Since I
    | cannot use the choos items route, I have opted to go the manual way. To
    me,
    | this means when I open the default.aspx file, I should be able to add for
    | insatnce the accordion control from the starting tag using intellisense,
    but
    | this is not happening. Will appreciate any suggestiions
    |
    | Alex
    |
    | "Gregory A. Beamer" wrote:
    |
    | > =?Utf-8?B?QWxleC4gTy4gS29yYW50ZW5n?= <> wrote in
    | >
    | > > Gregory,
    | > >
    | > > When I go to choose items after adding the tab for Ajax Control
    | > > Toolkit, my solution project disappears and I hbave to start all over
    | > > again. You mentioned in your thread about how to add the controls
    | > > manually. Would that be my only option and what is the process.
    | >
    | > Possibly, but let's look at the easy route first.
    | >
    | > 1. What version of the AJAX libs are you using?
    | > 2. What version of Visual Studio are you using?
    | >
    | > For the latest AJAX toolkit, you should be running Visual Studio 2008
    | > SP1. I am not sure this is the only way for compatibility, but it is
    the
    | > suggested route. If you have not installed SP1 yet, this might solve
    the
    | > issues.
    | >
    | > As for the manual editing, it is a matter of adding reference, very
    | > similar to a user control. You then have to manually type in the
    | > control. Not impossible, but certainly more painful than drag and drop.
    | >
    | > Peace and Grace,
    | >

    | > --
    | > Gregory A. Beamer
    | > MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA
    | >
    | > Twitter: @gbworld
    | > Blog: http://gregorybeamer.spaces.live.com
    | >
    | > My vacation and childhood cancer awareness site:
    | > http://www.crazycancertour.com
    | >
    | > *******************************************
    | > | Think outside the box! |

    Vince Xu [MSFT], Sep 23, 2009
  9. Vince,

    Thanks for the reply. How do I vewrify that I have SP1 installed for my
    VS2008. I know I had it installed last year. To be sure from which folder do
    I do the add reference step from.

    Alex. O. Koranteng, Sep 23, 2009
  10. Hello Alex,

    You can click Help in menu of VS2008, and choose About Microsoft Visual
    Studio. What's on the right side of the window? Can you see
    "Microsoft .NET Framework
    Version 3.5 SP1"?

    --
    Regards,
    Vince

    | Vince,
    |

    | Thanks for the reply. How do I vewrify that I have SP1 installed for my
    | VS2008. I know I had it installed last year. To be sure from which folder
    do
    | I do the add reference step from.
    |
    | "Vince Xu [MSFT]" wrote:
    |
    | > Hello Alex,
    | >
    | > Did you use "add reference" to add the ajaxcontroltoolkit dll? If not,
    | > please use that to reference dll rather than put the dll file into bin
    | > folder directly.
    | > Then the lastest version of ajaxcontroltoolkit is 3.0.0512, it is based
    on
    | > VS2008 sp1(it's matched I think)
    | > So I think the problem is the approach you reference the dll.
    | >
    | > AjaxControlToolkit is following Microsoft Public License (Ms-PL), which
    is
    | > out of the support boundaries of our managed newsgroups. Please post it
    | > http://forums.asp.net/1022.aspx if you'd like. It is not managed, but
    this
    | > forum will provide support for AjaxControlToolkit professionally.
    | > AjaxControlToolkit License:
    | > http://www.codeplex.com/AjaxControlToolkit/license
    | > MSDN Newsgroup Support Boundary:

    http://blogs.msdn.com/msdnts/archive/2006/11/08/msdn-service-introduction.as
    | > px
    | >
    | > --
    | > Regards,
    | > Vince
    | > Microsoft Online Support
    | > --------------------
    | > | From: =?Utf-8?B?QWxleC4gTy4gS29yYW50ZW5n?= <>
    | > | Subject: Re: Ajax Control Toolkit Install for VS2008
    | > | Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 16:29:02 -0700
    | > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
    | > |
    | > | Gregory,
    | > |
    | > | I am using SP! for VS2008 because I am able to see the templates for
    | > | Silverlight and Entity Frameworks when I attempt to create a new
    soltion
    | > | project. I have added the AjaxControlToolkit.dll file from the the
    bin
    | > folder
    | > | of the samplewebsite solution file from the extract of the zipped
    file. I
    | > am
    | > | using the latest version of the toolkit download from codeplex. Since
    | > | cannot use the choos items route, I have opted to go the manual way.
    | > me,
    | > | this means when I open the default.aspx file, I should be able to add
    for
    | > | insatnce the accordion control from the starting tag using
    intellisense,
    | > but
    | > | this is not happening. Will appreciate any suggestiions
    | > |
    | > | Alex
    | > |
    | > | "Gregory A. Beamer" wrote: