Ajax control toolkit not working

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Cesar, Dec 18, 2007.

  1. Cesar

    Cesar Guest

    I have the ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX Extensions 1.0 installed (v1.0.61025). As to the
    web.config file, I'm using the one created using the ASP.NET AJAX-Enabled
    website ...

    This error is due to that I'm trying to use the AJAX control toolkit, but
    when I try and add the controls to the toolbar of VS2005 from the dll, I get
    this error:

    C:\Program Files\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET 2.0
    AJAX\Extensions\AJAXControlToolkit\Binaries\AjaxControlToolkit.dll is not a
    Microsoft .NET module

    Also if I create a virtual directory and copy the contents of the sample
    website that comes with the ajax toolkit and I want to run a page (e.g.
    calendar.aspx), I get the following message:

    Parser Error

    Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit'
    or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly
    manifest.

    Source Error:

    Line 2: Culture="auto" UICulture="auto" Theme="SampleSiteTheme" %>
    Line 3:
    Line 4: <%@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit"
    Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" TagPrefix="ajaxToolkit" %>
    Line 5:
    Line 6: <asp:Content ContentPlaceHolderID="SampleContent" runat="Server">

    Source File: /SampleWebSite/Calendar/Calendar.aspx Line: 4

    Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine
    why the assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' could not be loaded.

    WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value
    [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind
    failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value
    [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

    Any ideas?

    Thanks a lot,
    Cesar

    Cesar, Dec 18, 2007

  2. Cesar

    Manish Bafna Guest

    Hi,
    You have to include the AjaxControlToolkit.dll into the bin folder of your
    webapplication
    --
    Hope this helps.
    Thanks and Regards.

    Manish Bafna, Dec 18, 2007

  3. Cesar

    Cesar Guest

    Hello,

    Thanks for your help.
    The AjaxControlToolkit.dll is already there in the bin folder.

    Regards,
    Cesar

    Cesar, Dec 18, 2007