    they return. I gambled and did install the newer version of the toolkit and
    they are still there. Does anyone know where and how to get rid of these?
    Thanks...John
    JohnE, Feb 6, 2010

  2. On 6 Feb., 07:58, JohnE <> wrote:
    > Hello. I am having a situation that is beginning to irritate.  I am using
    > vs2008 pro.  What is occuring is in the Bin folder, I originally had only 2
    > files; AjaxControlToolkit.dll (and its refresh) and AjaxControlToolkit.pdb.
    > Everything is running fine.  I went out to the asp.net site and downloaded
    > the newer version of the toolkit and looked at it.  Decided to stay with what
    > I had and deleted the beta version (was not part of vs2008).  Now the Bin
    > folder is full of folders (ex: de, fr, it, etc) with
    > AjaxControlToolkit.resources.dll in them.  I suspect these are languages but
    > I do not need them and can not get rid of them.  Deleting does not help as
    > they return.  I gambled and did install the newer version of the toolkit and
    > they are still there.  Does anyone know where and how to get rid of these?
    > Thanks...John

    These are satellite assemblies required for multilingual support in
    the toolkit. They generated based on resouce files (Resource.xx.resx).
    You can delete them but they will be created again after compiling the
    project. So, you either need to delete resx files, or create a new
    test project with AjaxControlToolkit.dll in the bin
    Alexey Smirnov, Feb 6, 2010

  3. JohnE

    JohnE Guest

    "Alexey Smirnov" wrote:

    > On 6 Feb., 07:58, JohnE <> wrote:
    > > Hello. I am having a situation that is beginning to irritate. I am using
    > > vs2008 pro. What is occuring is in the Bin folder, I originally had only 2
    > > files; AjaxControlToolkit.dll (and its refresh) and AjaxControlToolkit.pdb.
    > > Everything is running fine. I went out to the asp.net site and downloaded
    > > the newer version of the toolkit and looked at it. Decided to stay with what
    > > I had and deleted the beta version (was not part of vs2008). Now the Bin
    > > folder is full of folders (ex: de, fr, it, etc) with
    > > AjaxControlToolkit.resources.dll in them. I suspect these are languages but
    > > I do not need them and can not get rid of them. Deleting does not help as
    > > they return. I gambled and did install the newer version of the toolkit and
    > > they are still there. Does anyone know where and how to get rid of these?
    > > Thanks...John

    > These are satellite assemblies required for multilingual support in
    > the toolkit. They generated based on resouce files (Resource.xx.resx).
    > You can delete them but they will be created again after compiling the
    > project. So, you either need to delete resx files, or create a new
    > test project with AjaxControlToolkit.dll in the bin
    > .

    Thanks for the reply. Where would these resx files be found? But now, even
    the older version I was using is starting to show those folders. I get an
    error asking for extender.cs file. In your opinion, would it be worthwhile
    to upgrade to the newer beta version that is out there even tho this
    development is less then midway done?
    Thanks...John
    JohnE, Feb 6, 2010
  4. JohnE

    JohnE Guest

    "JohnE" wrote:

    > "Alexey Smirnov" wrote:
    >
    > > On 6 Feb., 07:58, JohnE <> wrote:
    > > > Hello. I am having a situation that is beginning to irritate. I am using
    > > > vs2008 pro. What is occuring is in the Bin folder, I originally had only 2
    > > > files; AjaxControlToolkit.dll (and its refresh) and AjaxControlToolkit.pdb.
    > > > Everything is running fine. I went out to the asp.net site and downloaded
    > > > the newer version of the toolkit and looked at it. Decided to stay with what
    > > > I had and deleted the beta version (was not part of vs2008). Now the Bin
    > > > folder is full of folders (ex: de, fr, it, etc) with
    > > > AjaxControlToolkit.resources.dll in them. I suspect these are languages but
    > > > I do not need them and can not get rid of them. Deleting does not help as
    > > > they return. I gambled and did install the newer version of the toolkit and
    > > > they are still there. Does anyone know where and how to get rid of these?
    > > > Thanks...John

    > > These are satellite assemblies required for multilingual support in
    > > the toolkit. They generated based on resouce files (Resource.xx.resx).
    > > You can delete them but they will be created again after compiling the
    > > project. So, you either need to delete resx files, or create a new
    > > test project with AjaxControlToolkit.dll in the bin
    > > .
    > >

    > Thanks for the reply. Where would these resx files be found? But now, even
    > the older version I was using is starting to show those folders. I get an
    > error asking for extender.cs file. In your opinion, would it be worthwhile
    > to upgrade to the newer beta version that is out there even tho this
    > development is less then midway done?
    > Thanks...John

    Thanks for the info. I decided (coin toss) to 'upgrade' to the new version.
    I deleted to delete the multilingual folders out, which I was finally able
    to. All is back running fine. If I wasn't able to get rid of the folders, I
    would have put up with it and just left them there. I try and avoid clutter
    if I can.
    Thanks.
    John
    JohnE, Feb 6, 2010
  5. JohnE

    spokey

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    remove multi language files

    What i found on my computer is that when I downloaded the ajax control toolkit, I put it in c:\AJAX Toolkit. In that folder are all of the multilangual support files. By deleting them from THAT folder, now when i add a control and VWDE adds the reference, the folders are NOT recreated in my bin folder for the project.
    spokey, Jun 23, 2010