AJAX Control Toolkit

SeePee

Hi,

I have Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 and having problems with the AJAX
Control Toolkit
I have downloaded and installed ASPAJAXExtSetup.msi and ASPNETAJAXVS2008.msi.
I also downloaded the AJAX Control Toolkit, unblocked it, extracted it
following the instructions on http://www.asp.net/ajaxlibrary/act.ashx
Now when I create anAJAX 1.0 Enabled ASP.NET 2.0 WEB Application I cannot
see the AJAX Toolkit that
I originally setup and can still see on an ASP.NET Web Application

Guest

Hi,

I have Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 and having problems with the AJAX
Control Toolkit
I have downloaded and installed ASPAJAXExtSetup.msi and ASPNETAJAXVS2008.msi.
I also downloaded the AJAX Control Toolkit, unblocked it, extracted it
following the instructions onhttp://www.asp.net/ajaxlibrary/act.ashx
Now when I create anAJAX 1.0 Enabled ASP.NET 2.0 WEB Application I cannot
see the AJAX Toolkit that
I originally setup and can still see on an ASP.NET Web Application

It's a control toolkit, it doesn't add new application type in the
Create New Project window. Start new application and follow these
instructions from

Get Started with the AJAX Control Toolkit
http://www.asp.net/ajax/tutorials/get-started-with-the-ajax-control-toolkit-cs

You should be able to see the controls in the toolbox after that.

SeePee

Anon User said:
It's a control toolkit, it doesn't add new application type in the
Create New Project window. Start new application and follow these
instructions from

Get Started with the AJAX Control Toolkit
http://www.asp.net/ajax/tutorials/get-started-with-the-ajax-control-toolkit-cs

You should be able to see the controls in the toolbox after that.
.
Hi Alexey,

I had already done this and it does not show. The AJAX Control Toolkit only
shows on an ASP.NET Web Application.

Shengqing Yang [MSFT]

Hi SeePee,

I am afraid I do not get what you meant by "when I create an AJAX 1.0
Enabled ASP.NET 2.0 Web Application I cannot see the AJAX Toolkit that I
originally setup and can still see on an ASP.NET Web Application". Could
you please explain it a bit more clearly?

Also, please have a try on the steps below to set the Toolbox in Visual
Studio.

1. Launch Visual Studio and create a new ASP.NET Web Forms project or
website.
2. Open Default.aspx in the Visual Studio editor.
3. Right click the Toolbox and select the menu option Reset Toolbox.
(Please make sure you have backed up all customize toolkits before you do
this step)
4. Right click the Toolbox and select menu option Add Tab to add a new tab
called Ajax Control Toolkit.
5. Right click on the new tab and select the menu option Choose Items to
open Choose Toolbox Items dialog window.
6. Click the Browse button and select the path where you extracted the Ajax
Control Toolkit and pick the AjaxControlToolkit.dll and click the OK button
to close the Choose Toolbox Items dialog.

If I have misunderstood your problem, please feel free to let me know.

--
Sincerely,
Bravo Yang