    Now when I create anAJAX 1.0 Enabled ASP.NET 2.0 WEB Application I cannot
    see the AJAX Toolkit that
    I originally setup and can still see on an ASP.NET Web Application
    SeePee, May 18, 2010

  2. On May 18, 6:23 pm, SeePee <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 and having problems with the AJAX
    > Control Toolkit
    > I have downloaded and installed ASPAJAXExtSetup.msi and ASPNETAJAXVS2008.msi.
    > I also downloaded the AJAX Control Toolkit, unblocked it, extracted it
    > following the instructions onhttp://www.asp.net/ajaxlibrary/act.ashx
    > Now when I create anAJAX 1.0 Enabled ASP.NET 2.0 WEB Application I cannot
    > see the AJAX Toolkit that
    > I originally setup and can still see on an ASP.NET Web Application

    It's a control toolkit, it doesn't add new application type in the
    Create New Project window. Start new application and follow these
    instructions from

    Get Started with the AJAX Control Toolkit
    http://www.asp.net/ajax/tutorials/get-started-with-the-ajax-control-toolkit-cs

    You should be able to see the controls in the toolbox after that.
    Alexey Smirnov, May 18, 2010

  3. SeePee

    SeePee Guest

    "Alexey Smirnov" wrote:

    > On May 18, 6:23 pm, SeePee <> wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I have Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 and having problems with the AJAX
    > > Control Toolkit
    > > I have downloaded and installed ASPAJAXExtSetup.msi and ASPNETAJAXVS2008.msi.
    > > I also downloaded the AJAX Control Toolkit, unblocked it, extracted it
    > > following the instructions onhttp://www.asp.net/ajaxlibrary/act.ashx
    > > Now when I create anAJAX 1.0 Enabled ASP.NET 2.0 WEB Application I cannot
    > > see the AJAX Toolkit that
    > > I originally setup and can still see on an ASP.NET Web Application

    > It's a control toolkit, it doesn't add new application type in the
    > Create New Project window. Start new application and follow these
    > instructions from
    >
    > Get Started with the AJAX Control Toolkit
    > http://www.asp.net/ajax/tutorials/get-started-with-the-ajax-control-toolkit-cs
    >
    > You should be able to see the controls in the toolbox after that.
    > .
    > Hi Alexey,

    I had already done this and it does not show. The AJAX Control Toolkit only
    shows on an ASP.NET Web Application.
    SeePee, May 19, 2010
  4. Hi SeePee,

    I am afraid I do not get what you meant by "when I create an AJAX 1.0
    Enabled ASP.NET 2.0 Web Application I cannot see the AJAX Toolkit that I
    originally setup and can still see on an ASP.NET Web Application". Could
    you please explain it a bit more clearly?

    Also, please have a try on the steps below to set the Toolbox in Visual
    Studio.

    1. Launch Visual Studio and create a new ASP.NET Web Forms project or
    website.
    2. Open Default.aspx in the Visual Studio editor.
    3. Right click the Toolbox and select the menu option Reset Toolbox.
    (Please make sure you have backed up all customize toolkits before you do
    this step)
    4. Right click the Toolbox and select menu option Add Tab to add a new tab
    called Ajax Control Toolkit.
    5. Right click on the new tab and select the menu option Choose Items to
    open Choose Toolbox Items dialog window.
    6. Click the Browse button and select the path where you extracted the Ajax
    Control Toolkit and pick the AjaxControlToolkit.dll and click the OK button
    to close the Choose Toolbox Items dialog.

    If I have misunderstood your problem, please feel free to let me know.

    --
    Sincerely,
    Bravo Yang

    Shengqing Yang [MSFT], Jul 12, 2010