AJAX controls refresh whole page.......

chrisexv6

Here's an interesting issue: if I open a .SLN file thru Visual
Studio, "Build Web Site" and run it, the AJAX stuff refreshes the
whole page.

However, if I go into VS and do File, Open Web Site, open the root of
where the same exact web site resides, then Build and run it, the AJAX
stuff refreshes only the portions it should.

The only difference I see between the two ways of opening the site is
that when using "Open Web Site", an instance of ASP.NET Development
Server is started up, instead of relying on IIS.

So, what are the differences between the server started up thru VS and
IIS itself? It would seem the solution to the problem lies in those
differences.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

-Chris