Ajax : dynamic control creation at client side

Kursat

Hi,

I want to add new collapsable panel items using java script at client side.
Is this possible to create Ajax components like collapsable panel without
server round trip?

Thanks in advance.

Guest

Don't think so. All the AJAX controls (even though they are designed to use
Remote Scripting (xmlhttp and callbacks) are still ASP.NET Server controls.
What's the real goal ?
Peter

Kursat

Thank you for your interest and the goal is that :
I have some business logic components implemented as a web service. I call
web methods asynchronously via client side Javascript and I want to display
returned results on a collapsable panel as a categorized list. So I focus to
create collapsable panel items dynamically at client side.

Do you have any suggestion?

Ben Rush

I'm not aware of anything off the top of my head that would allow you to do
this within the collapsable panel itself; though it is very possible to
figure out the format for the panel and somehow manipulate it with script, I
wouldn't recomend it and it wouldn't withstand the test of time.

Another option you could employ is to make your asynchronous web service
call and trigger a partial postback to the server to update the panel and
its contents; this would have a similar effect (might not be as fast, but
the page still wouldn't require a full reload).

If you need help figuring out how to do anything special, give me the
specific details and I can help you knit the code together.

--
Ben Rush

Ben Rush

Ah, well, my guess is the best and quickest (and possibly cheapest involving
time) would be to just buy their component. I don't think it can be done in
ASP.net AJAX stock.