    Is this possible to create Ajax components like collapsable panel without
    server round trip?

    Thanks in advance.
    Kursat, Apr 11, 2007

  2. Don't think so. All the AJAX controls (even though they are designed to use
    Remote Scripting (xmlhttp and callbacks) are still ASP.NET Server controls.
    What's the real goal ?
    Peter

    --
    Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    Short urls & more: http://ittyurl.net

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Apr 11, 2007

  3. Kursat

    Kursat Guest

    Thank you for your interest and the goal is that :
    I have some business logic components implemented as a web service. I call
    web methods asynchronously via client side Javascript and I want to display
    returned results on a collapsable panel as a categorized list. So I focus to
    create collapsable panel items dynamically at client side.

    Do you have any suggestion?

    "Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Kursat, Apr 11, 2007
  4. Kursat

    Ben Rush Guest

    I'm not aware of anything off the top of my head that would allow you to do
    this within the collapsable panel itself; though it is very possible to
    figure out the format for the panel and somehow manipulate it with script, I
    wouldn't recomend it and it wouldn't withstand the test of time.

    Another option you could employ is to make your asynchronous web service
    call and trigger a partial postback to the server to update the panel and
    its contents; this would have a similar effect (might not be as fast, but
    the page still wouldn't require a full reload).

    If you need help figuring out how to do anything special, give me the
    specific details and I can help you knit the code together.

    --
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Ben Rush

    Ben Rush, Apr 12, 2007
  5. Kursat

    Kursat Guest

    Thank you for your interest, Ben.

    You may know ComponentArt client side components.(Here is their treeview
    demo :
    http://atlas.componentart.com/Client-side_APIs/TreeView_Designer/Default.aspx)

    One can dynamically manipulate these components at client side. No partial
    or complete postback required.

    I just want to know how to build a component like ComponentArt's treview?

    Kursat, Apr 12, 2007
  6. Kursat

    Ben Rush Guest

    Ah, well, my guess is the best and quickest (and possibly cheapest involving
    time) would be to just buy their component. I don't think it can be done in
    ASP.net AJAX stock.

    --
    Ben Rush

    Ben Rush, Apr 12, 2007