Ajax enabled WCF Service not working under IIS

Ilyas

Hi all

I have a very simple ajax enabled wcf service that adds 2 numbers
together, created using Visual Studio 2008

This service is then called using javascript and it all works
perfectly under the built in visual studio web server

The problem arises when deploying under IIS in Vista. The service
doesnt work and I get the error TestServices is undefined

My service is called Math and resides in the TestServices namespace.

It appears that the browser is not seeing the javascript proxy objects
and methods under IIS but is seeing then under visual studio.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Jeff Dillon

What happens when you simply point your browser at the web service address.
Do you get the wsdl?

Ilyas

What happens when you simply point your browser at the web service address.
Do you get the wsdl?

If I point my browser at the svc file I get an HTTP Error 404.3 - Not
Found
The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension
configuration. If the page is a script, add a handler. If the file
should be downloaded, add a MIME map