    It appears that the browser is not seeing the javascript proxy objects
    and methods under IIS but is seeing then under visual studio.

    Can anyone shed any light on this?
    Ilyas, Feb 20, 2009

  2. Ilyas

    Jeff Dillon Guest

    What happens when you simply point your browser at the web service address.
    Do you get the wsdl?

    Jeff Dillon, Feb 21, 2009

  3. Ilyas

    Ilyas Guest

    On 21 Feb, 00:13, "Jeff Dillon" <> wrote:
    > What happens when you simply point your browser at the web service address.
    > Do you get the wsdl?
    >
    > "Ilyas" <> wrote in message

    > > Hi all

    > > I have a very simple ajax enabled wcf service that adds 2 numbers
    > > together, created using Visual Studio 2008

    > > This service is then called using javascript and it all works
    > > perfectly under the built in visual studio web server

    > > The problem arises when deploying under IIS in Vista. The service
    > > doesnt work and I get the error TestServices is undefined

    > > My service is called Math and resides in the TestServices namespace.

    > > It appears that the browser is not seeing the javascript proxy objects
    > > and methods under IIS but is seeing then under visual studio.

    > > Can anyone shed any light on this?- Hide quoted text -

    If I point my browser at the svc file I get an HTTP Error 404.3 - Not
    Found
    The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension
    configuration. If the page is a script, add a handler. If the file
    should be downloaded, add a MIME map
    Ilyas, Feb 22, 2009