Ajax enabled web site

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mike TI, Oct 20, 2007.

  1. Mike TI

    Mike TI Guest

    Oct 20, 2007
    01:00pm

    Hi all

    When you create an Ajax enabled web site, the application creates the
    default page with a "Script Manager".

    I created a Master Page. I then created a "Home" page with reference to this
    master page.

    As I wanted this Home Page to come first I added the following code to the
    default page

    Server.Transfer("Home.aspx", True)

    My questions are:

    1. To ensure that Microsoft Ajax toolkit works, does the default page with
    the "Script Manager" has to be the first page.
    2. Can I give the reference of the Master Page on the "Default Page" so that
    I get the template I require. Then the "Default Page" can be my first page.

    Thank you in advance.

    Mike TI
    Mike TI, Oct 20, 2007

  2. Mike TI

    psycho Guest

    On Oct 20, 1:58 pm, "Mike TI" <> wrote:
    > Oct 20, 2007
    > 01:00pm
    >
    > Hi all
    >
    > When you create an Ajax enabled web site, the application creates the
    > default page with a "Script Manager".
    >
    > I created a Master Page. I then created a "Home" page with reference to this
    > master page.
    >
    > As I wanted this Home Page to come first I added the following code to the
    > default page
    >
    > Server.Transfer("Home.aspx", True)
    >
    > My questions are:
    >
    > 1. To ensure that Microsoft Ajax toolkit works, does the default page with
    > the "Script Manager" has to be the first page.
    > 2. Can I give the reference of the Master Page on the "Default Page" so that
    > I get the template I require. Then the "Default Page" can be my first page.
    >
    > Thank you in advance.
    >
    > Mike TI

    Hi Mike,

    There can be only one script manager on one page so it would be better
    if you
    put the script manager in the main master page. There is no
    intellisense support
    in content pages when you are using master pages. and you put script
    manager in
    master page and update panel in content pages.
    psycho, Oct 20, 2007

  3. Mike TI

    Mike TI Guest

    Thank you very much. Works well.

    Mike TI

    Mike TI, Oct 20, 2007
  4. This is an easy way to get the script manager in, but does not fit all
    applications. As a general rule, it is fine, however.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Oct 21, 2007