Ajax enabled web site

Mike TI

Oct 20, 2007
01:00pm

Hi all

When you create an Ajax enabled web site, the application creates the
default page with a "Script Manager".

I created a Master Page. I then created a "Home" page with reference to this
master page.

As I wanted this Home Page to come first I added the following code to the
default page

Server.Transfer("Home.aspx", True)

My questions are:

1. To ensure that Microsoft Ajax toolkit works, does the default page with
the "Script Manager" has to be the first page.
2. Can I give the reference of the Master Page on the "Default Page" so that
I get the template I require. Then the "Default Page" can be my first page.

Thank you in advance.

Mike TI

psycho

Oct 20, 2007
01:00pm

Hi all

When you create an Ajax enabled web site, the application creates the
default page with a "Script Manager".

I created a Master Page. I then created a "Home" page with reference to this
master page.

As I wanted this Home Page to come first I added the following code to the
default page

Server.Transfer("Home.aspx", True)

My questions are:

1. To ensure that Microsoft Ajax toolkit works, does the default page with
the "Script Manager" has to be the first page.
2. Can I give the reference of the Master Page on the "Default Page" so that
I get the template I require. Then the "Default Page" can be my first page.

Thank you in advance.

Mike TI

Hi Mike,

There can be only one script manager on one page so it would be better
if you
put the script manager in the main master page. There is no
intellisense support
in content pages when you are using master pages. and you put script
manager in
master page and update panel in content pages.

Mike TI

Thank you very much. Works well.

Mike TI

psycho said:
Hi Mike,

There can be only one script manager on one page so it would be better
if you
put the script manager in the main master page. There is no
intellisense support
in content pages when you are using master pages. and you put script
manager in
master page and update panel in content pages.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

This is an easy way to get the script manager in, but does not fit all
applications. As a general rule, it is fine, however.