AJAX example code available

aaronwmail-usenet

I've published sample code that uses Python
on the server side to implement AJAX
type ahead completion for web forms. Please see
documentation with links to examples and downloads at

http://xsdb.sourceforge.net/xFeed.html

"Type ahead completion" is a form of AJAX
(asyncronous javascript with XML) functionality
where the page attempts to suggest completions
for partial form values by consulting a
web server component in the background. Google Suggest
is a famous example. For examples using
my python code please see

http://www.xfeedme.com/zip/zipcompletions_async.html or
http://www.xfeedme.com/xsdbXML/xFeed/BookMatch.html.

These pages must be viewed with a recent browser such
as FireFox 1.5, Safari 2.0, or IE 6.0.

The AJAX server component is configured for use
either as a Python CGI script or as a Apache server mod-python
module.

I hope you enjoy it and use it well :).
Please let me know if you have problems with it
or other comments.

Thanks! -- Aaron Watters

===
Chemistry may lead to a better life,
but Biology is more fun. -- seen on a teeshirt