    Thanks
    --
    Share The Knowledge. I need all the help I can get and so do you!

    =?Utf-8?B?WWFua2VlIEltcGVyaWFsaXN0IERvZw==?=, Jun 12, 2007

  2. On Jun 12, 10:37 am, Yankee Imperialist Dog
    <> wrote:
    > controlsPlease could some of you here post some of your live examples of AJAX
    > (esp drag panels, collapsable panels, and popup menu.)
    > (It's one thing to talk about how great something is, but it's another to
    > really see how great something is.)
    >
    > Thanks
    > --
    > Share The Knowledge. I need all the help I can get and so do you!

    You should check out the content under ajax.asp.net for what you're
    looking for. They have great video tutorials and sample applications
    (with source) for you to download.

    Javier G. Lozano, Jun 12, 2007

  3. Thanks for replying,
    They great examples and i've gone through them and the source, and i've
    played around withthem making modifications, but they are not real work
    examples.
    Do you have any sites where these items are included in production?

    =?Utf-8?B?WWFua2VlIEltcGVyaWFsaXN0IERvZw==?=, Jun 12, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?WWFua2VlIEltcGVyaWFsaXN0IERvZw==?=

    Guest Guest

    Hi Mr. Dog,

    What kind of "real work" are you trying to accomplish? What
    examples/techniques do you need shown? The AJAX video tutorials apply
    metaphorically to how you might want to develop for production.

    Two things you might want to look at:
    a) if you're looking for ultra-efficiency your AJAX deployments, read Jeff
    Prosise's MSDN article on UpdatePanel (or attend one of his insanely great
    talks.) In a nutshell, Prosise explains how the "dirty little secret" of the
    easy-to-use UpdatePanel is that it is great for insuring a nice AJAX-ey user
    experience, but lousy from the point of view of server/ network efficiency.
    The server must generate nearly an entire postback's worth of processing --
    not lightweight as some presume all AJAX stuff might be. Prosise
    demonstrates some handcoding that is much more efficient.

    b) If you're looking for some other very capable AJAX-enabled widgets for
    "real work," take a look at Telerik's component set.

    -KF

    Guest, Jun 12, 2007
  5. with respect i thank you for your reply,
    I know that the vid's are great (seen'em), the examples are great (done'em),
    and i even know that the server pays a high price for the MS version of AJAX
    (FYI other technologies such as ColdFusion pay less of a price, doesn't
    really need to do a full post back.) after attending the seminars at
    Microsoft.

    Ah, by "real work" i mean real, not examples. Do you have a link to a site
    that "really" uses MS AJAX?

    I just want some one who has created a site using AJAX to give me a link so
    i can see what they have done. Not looking for widgets, and no i'm nogoing to
    steal code. i want to actually see a site the uses AJAX.

    I really would appreciate you help if you can give it.
    Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?WWFua2VlIEltcGVyaWFsaXN0IERvZw==?=, Jun 12, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?WWFua2VlIEltcGVyaWFsaXN0IERvZw==?=

    Guest Guest

    FWIW I will have some "real work" that "really" uses MS AJAX Real Soon Now,
    and I'd be happy to send you a link. I do not care if you steal code.

    I'm sure that as MSFT's Ajax stuff matures, there will be "leaner and
    meaner" controls for doing updates. It's a little weird to call ASP.NET AJAX
    a "technology" -- it's more of an good implementation of an existing tech
    with the goal being a simpler and more abstracted experience for the client
    programmer (you and me.) If you believe in AJAX and its premises, it should
    be possible for Microsoft to make something that makes you happy.

    -KF

    Guest, Jun 12, 2007
  7. =?Utf-8?B?WWFua2VlIEltcGVyaWFsaXN0IERvZw==?=

    Mike Guest

    KF.
    i would be interested in seeing an 'real working AJAX enabled site'
    myself. All I've seen and done are examples but haven't seen a real site
    using the stuff. I'm curious how it performs in a real world environment
    using database data to populate the controls, etc. I've to have done the
    examples, the videos, etc and they're all good, but I would like to see a
    real site (a non microsoft owned site) using this technology.

    Mike, Jun 12, 2007
  8. On the ASP.NET website, there is a page with pointers to showcase websites:
    http://ajax.asp.net/showcase/default.aspx

    My personal favorite is www.pageflakes.com. The main developer wrote a nice
    couple of articles about his development experience:

    http://www.codeproject.com/Ajax/aspnetajaxtips.asp
    http://www.codeproject.com/Ajax/MakingGoogleIG.asp

    --
    enjoy - brians
    http://www.limbertech.com

    =?Utf-8?B?YnJpYW5zW01DU0Rd?=, Jun 12, 2007
  9. Hi,
    I think this is what you are looking for:
    http://www.ajaximpact.com/ajaxdemo.php
    --
    Hope this helps.
    Thanks and Regards.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFuaXNoIEJhZm5h?=, Jun 13, 2007
  10. =?Utf-8?B?WWFua2VlIEltcGVyaWFsaXN0IERvZw==?=

    Mike Guest

    I want to see 'non microsoft owned web sites' and real world web sites.
    some of these sites if not all are owned by Microsoft.

    I checked out pageflakes.com before and I did like it. Its a nice looking
    'portal'.

    Mike, Jun 13, 2007
  11. thank you! You help was very appreciated!!
    I did notice that not too may dot.net based sites exist on this page. The
    site that closly resembles what prompted my origional posting was
    PageFlakes.com that has a series of movable panels with autonomous content.

    And now for the research: is this possible in dot.net using the ajax toolkit.

    =?Utf-8?B?WWFua2VlIEltcGVyaWFsaXN0IERvZw==?=, Jun 13, 2007