Ajax Experiences?

Steve

We have a Java and JSP environment and are looking at alternatives for
the client. It would be especially interesting if you have experience with
applets or other approaches and you could provide comparisons.

Thanks

Steve

David Segall

Steve said:
We have a Java and JSP environment and are looking at alternatives for
the client. It would be especially interesting if you have experience with
applets or other approaches and you could provide comparisons.
I have spent some time using Java Studio Creator which is intended to
provide low level corporate programmers with an easy way to implement
Java Server Faces. JSF is definitely a cleaner way to separate client
and server roles than my own efforts with JSTL and JSP but I have very
little experience with web based programming. Sun are conscious of the
move to Ajax and are promoting both JSF and Studio Creator for the
role.

An experienced web programmer using Studio Creator can have a fairly
realistic application up and running in a week so one of your staff
can provide you with a quick evaluation. Of course, like all RAD
tools, working out how to do something that the tool does not
anticipate can be a lengthy task. Studio Creator is a free download
from
<http://developers.sun.com/prodtech/javatools/jscreator/downloads/>.