AJAX Extensions not working

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Tony Sedgwick, Jun 12, 2007.

  1. I have installed the AJAX extensions and partial page rendering works ok
    from a new ajax enabled web site I created in VS. The problem is that I've
    manually entered the necessary entries into the web.config into an existing
    project and the same asp.net file doesn't work from the migrated web.config
    project.

    When I compared the html source between 2 identical asp.net files the
    differences was that the 2 script sections below were missing:

    <script
    src="/WebResource.axd?d=Htewp0TRJI3R2gJ_WhDDtA2&amp;t=632966009958750000"
    type="text/javascript"></script>

    <script type="text/javascript">
    //<![CDATA[
    Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager._initialize('ScriptManager1',
    document.getElementById('form1'));
    Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager.getInstance()._updateControls(['tUpdatePanel1'],
    [], [], 90);
    //]]>
    </script>

    Can someone explain what web.config setting controls this output into the
    html?

    Thanks,
    Tony

    Tony Sedgwick, Jun 12, 2007

  2. Tony Sedgwick

    Rob Meade Guest

    "Tony Sedgwick" wrote ...

    > Can someone explain what web.config setting controls this output into the
    > html?

    Hi Tony,

    On the app that you are trying to convert, have you placed a "ScriptManager"
    control on the page?

    I believe it to be that which generates the scripts you see in the source
    etc...

    Regards

    Rob

    Rob Meade, Jun 12, 2007

  3. Re: AJAX Extensions not working - the Fix

    Have now fixed the problem.

    I had
    <xhtmlConformance mode="Legacy"/>

    in the web.config, this stops the AJAX extensions including the javascript
    files needed for AJAX. The bad thing is that you don't see any error
    messages when constructing your page but it just doesn't work as expected.

    Tony

    Tony Sedgwick, Jun 12, 2007