AJAX Futures question

Cirene

3 quick questions...

1. Are the controls in the AJAX Futures download "beta" or the release and
stable version?

2. Also, where is the best way to learn how to implement these? (Other than
by downloading the stuff at asp.net/ajax.)

3. When will the new version of AJAX be out? Will it be included with the
Visual Studio 2008 release?

Thanks!

Mark Fitzpatrick

The ASP.Net Futures are pre-ASP.Net 3.5. These are essentially an early look
at components coming in the 3.5 framework, which will be released this
month. Since VS 2008 also targets the 3.5 Framework, these are supposed to
be available with it (though I haven't played with the betas in a long time
but I'm pretty sure they are).

Guest

the ms ajax kit is 3 components

ajax toolkit
open source control toolkit
ajax futures beta

q1) the future is beta and not stable (may change in the future). its not
included in the next pending asp.net release (vs2008). probably the one after.

q2) not sure the question. the bookstore is full of books. the production
ajax toolkit has been released for vs2005. there are newsgroups, sample code,
everything you want.

q3) see above, its already out. the ajax support in vs2008 is the same as
adding the kit to vs2005, other than better intella-sense for javascript.
there are no new controls, or library routines. some of the asp.net server
controls better support ajax (but no major change).

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)