AJAX in Existing Web applications

bbawa1

I just want to know that I have already a web application. I want to
use ajax in one of my web forms.
I installed AJAX in my machine. Now to use ajax in my web application
should I create a new web site in VS 2005 and select ASP.Net AJAX -
Enabled Site
and then copy my all the web forms and datasets from my existing web
application to this new AJAX application to be able to use AJAX.

I am wondering if there is any other way to use AJAX in already
existing web application.

Thanks in advance.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Create a new website and copy the AJAX bits in the web.config from the new
site to your old site. That will save you a lot of typing. Then, add
references to the project.

On individual pages, you need a script manager control, usually at the top
of the form (must be above any ajax enabled element). Add an update panel
around what you want to update (grid for example) and then tie the grid to
the control that refreshes it through triggers. You can do this on a page by
page basis.