    existing web application.

    Thanks in advance.

    , May 8, 2007

  2. Ross Culver Guest

    Yes, you can apply AJAX to an existing website. Go here and you'll find
    everything you need. http://ajax.asp.net/

    Ross

    Ross Culver, May 8, 2007

  3. The main chore is integrating the AJAX entries into your web.config file.
    You can find the related information here:
    http://ajax.asp.net/docs/ConfiguringASPNETAJAX.aspx

    It can be a little tricky, so yes you might consider creating a new AJAX
    application and then copying your stuff into it.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr,

    Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider], May 9, 2007
  4. Create a new website and copy the AJAX bits in the web.config from the new
    site to your old site. That will save you a lot of typing. Then, add
    references to the project.

    On individual pages, you need a script manager control, usually at the top
    of the form (must be above any ajax enabled element). Add an update panel
    around what you want to update (grid for example) and then tie the grid to
    the control that refreshes it through triggers. You can do this on a page by
    page basis.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think outside the box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), May 9, 2007