AJAX .NET timeout problem

0

00_DotNetWarrior

In my application, I use session to store some postback value. So, I solved
the standard ASP.NET session timeout issue by doing these:

1. In web.config, I used <sessionState> and set it to 12 hours with mode
set to "inproc"
2. On IIS win2003 level, I set it "Idle recycle" value from default 20 min
to 12 hours under Application Pool.

It works fine. However, on AJAX .NET side, I changed the
"AsyncPostBackTimeout" value in <asp:ScriptManager>, however this is more
like the "httpruntime" in web.config. It has nothing to do with session
timeout.

With the "AsyncPostBackTimeout" changed, when I tested this, I left the page
for 30 min and come back. Click on one of my AJAX controls (just regular
page control, i.e. without Ajax it will postback), and I got the NULL
javascript error. Am I missing something? Please help.

Thanks.

NB

bruce barker

AsyncPostBackTimeout is for timing out an ajax request. check the event
log to see if a recycle happened, or you are using forms authentication
and have the default 20 min timeout.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

I had a similar issue and solved it by using ViewState instead of Session
state.
Depending on your requirements, this may work for you too.