AJAX Page Methods Broken in IIS, Work with Built-in Web Server

brice

Hi,

We are using static public methods decorated with 'WebMethod' as our
AJAX implementation. We then use the client-side Sys.Net.PageMethod
approach to invoke the page method.

In the same application, this works fine with the built in web server,
but fails with IIS. In IIS we get a 404 error. The application is in a
subdirectory in IIS, in case that matters. All other ASP.NET
functionality seems to be working fine under IIS and as far as I can
tell, the Web.config is set up properly.

Any tips as to what might be the problem?

thanks in advance.

cdmorgan

I was having the same issue and it turns out that REbuilding the
solution fixes the issue. Build won't work, you have to rebuild.
Apparently this regenerates the proxy. Unfortunately this means (from
what I've seen) that everytime you make a change to your server-side
method, you'll have to rebuild the solution in order to see that
change. Otherwise the proxy will call the old method (pre-change).

If anyone knows a more efficient way to see your changes, please let
me know

-chad

cdmorgan

looks like changing and saving the web.config will accomplish the same
thing...

-chad