    It appears that this error occurs after I browse to the specific page and
    leave it for a while, then click on a linkbutton within an update panel.
    Has anyone experienced this behavior?

    Jeremy, Sep 11, 2007

  2. Jeremy

    bruce barker Guest

    Re: Ajax PageRequestManagerServerErrorException unknown error afterappliocation is idle

    the page processing of the ajax request is throwing an error. session
    timeout can cause this, or any processing error on the page.

    ajax pages should almost never through errors, they shoudl have code to
    recover from almost all errors.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Sep 11, 2007

  3. Jeremy

    Monty Guest

    Hi Bruce, any recommendations on how to handle this error if the session has
    expired? TIA.

    Monty, Sep 11, 2007
  4. Jeremy

    Neeraj PN Guest

    Hi,

    I am also facing the same issue, can anyone suggest me a method to
    overcome this.

    Best Regards,
    Neeraj

    Neeraj PN, Sep 13, 2007
  5. Jeremy

    Jeremy Guest

    Thanks for the reply. The odd thing is that I do not get this behavior on
    my local machine though. Even if I do an IISreset on my local machine, the
    next ajax request still works, but not on our production server.

    Jeremy, Sep 17, 2007
  6. Jeremy

    vikramjits

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Location:
    New Delhi
    Hi,

    Check your server's event log. In my case, Authentication Failure was occurring. Probably same reason is with you, hence you are able to see on local and not on server

    ----

    vikramjits, Jul 5, 2008