Ajax PageRequestManagerServerErrorException unknown error after appliocation is idle

Jeremy

I am getting an error Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException:
An unknown error occured while processing the request on the server. The
status code returned from the server was:500.

It appears that this error occurs after I browse to the specific page and
leave it for a while, then click on a linkbutton within an update panel.
Has anyone experienced this behavior?

bruce barker

the page processing of the ajax request is throwing an error. session
timeout can cause this, or any processing error on the page.

ajax pages should almost never through errors, they shoudl have code to
recover from almost all errors.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Monty

Hi Bruce, any recommendations on how to handle this error if the session has
expired? TIA.

Neeraj PN

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue, can anyone suggest me a method to
overcome this.

Best Regards,
Neeraj

Jeremy

Thanks for the reply. The odd thing is that I do not get this behavior on
my local machine though. Even if I do an IISreset on my local machine, the
next ajax request still works, but not on our production server.

Joined
Jul 5, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi,

Check your server's event log. In my case, Authentication Failure was occurring. Probably same reason is with you, hence you are able to see on local and not on server

----

Jeremy said:
Thanks for the reply. The odd thing is that I do not get this behavior on
my local machine though. Even if I do an IISreset on my local machine, the
next ajax request still works, but not on our production server.

news:[email protected]...