    would think that because I have it in an updatepanel taht it wouldn't.
    (Yes, I have scriptmanager before it.)

    Thanks.

    Cirene, May 21, 2008

  2. Cirene

    bruce barker Guest

    the update panel replaces all the html in the panel with what is sent back
    from the server. The browser makes an attempt to compare and reduce the
    flicker, but is not always sucessful.

    I would not use an update panel for something as trival as reloading a
    dropdown. use a simple ajax callback. you shoudl also disable the dropdown
    while waiting for the async return. to see why, in the dropdown hit the
    up/down arrows, you site will probably error out.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, May 21, 2008

  3. Cirene

    Cirene Guest

    Thanks. What do you mean by a "simple ajax callback"? :)

    Cirene, May 21, 2008
  4. Cirene

    bruce barker Guest

    you can make a webservice call from javascript. if you are just setting a
    value in the textbox based on the dropdrown, you might be able to just use
    javascript and no ajax.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, May 21, 2008