AJAX Question

Discussion in 'XML' started by HC, Nov 26, 2005.

  1. HC

    HC Guest

    I've just started to explore AJAX and am finding it very cool.

    A quick question:

    I'm using the following Javascript code to get some data from an XML page.

    response = req.responseXML.documentElement;
    itemDescription = response.getElementsByTagName('title')[0].firstChild.data;

    The XML looks like this:

    <channel>
    <title>Test</title>
    </channel>

    In Mozilla, it works, but in IE, it only works if the XML looks like such:

    <rss version="2.0"
    xmlns:sy="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/syndication/"
    xmlns:admin="http://webns.net/mvcb/"
    xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#">
    <channel>
    <title>Test</title>
    </channel>
    </rss>

    What does the <rss> tag do? Is there a better way to make IE work?

    Thanks
    HC

    HC, Nov 26, 2005