AJAX RC 1 questions for basic websites

Celine

AJAX RC 1 questions:

Most simple website have a rigid structure: A header/footer, a menu at
the left, possibly additional info on the right, and changing content
in the middle of the page.
* Implementation
- What is the best way to use an UpdatePanel to mimic frames, enabling
a partial update only on the changing part?
The best way I found to do so is using MultiViews, with a
WebUserControl inside each View.

- How to convert hyperlinks to AJAX calls, that is, to ASP functions?
The closest I found is using ImageButtons, but that is not an
efficient way to replace text

* Problems
- How to scroll back to an HTML anchor, after reloading an
UpdatePanel?

- How to run javascript inside these pages? (A changed View inside an
UpdatePanel)

- How to index these hidden pages for search engines?
The closest I found is to duplicate the hiddent content into other
static pages for search engines to see.

- Tracking, how can I know which pages are visited the most?