Ajax Refresh

Miro

Hi,

I am having a strange problem.

I have an option listbox and some text beside it ( some labels ).

When you select the option from the listbox, this triggers the ajax panel
where the labels are inside of to update the data on the labels.

However, if i click on the listbox and do not move my mouse, the ajax panel
does not refresh the screen until I move the mouse just a little bit.

Has anyone else had this happen and know of a workaround?
Seems to be I am having the same issue posted here:
http://forums.asp.net/t/1117431.aspx

Thanks...

Vijay

Use SelectedIndexChanged event. If the problem persist try to postback
using javascript (ie)__dopostback.
If you want to postback asynchronously. Please use this javascript code.

function Postback() {
doPostBackAsync('txtNew', 'TextChanged');
}

function doPostBackAsync(eventName, eventArgs) {
var prm = Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager.getInstance();
if (!Array.contains(prm._asyncPostBackControlIDs, eventName)) {
prm._asyncPostBackControlIDs.push(eventName);
}
if (!Array.contains(prm._asyncPostBackControlClientIDs,
eventName)) {
prm._asyncPostBackControlClientIDs.push(eventName);
}
__doPostBack(eventName, eventArgs);
}
</script>

I've used this coding to search items in a listbox asynchronously when it
enter the characters in a textbox.

Vijay chandar
ASP.NET developer and SQL Server Admin

Miro

Thanks Vijay,

I will have a look at it and give it a try.

Its wierd, exact same website viewd from the machine beside me does not have
that problem.

Miro