    What I'm doing wrong?
    Greg
    , May 23, 2006

  2. Erwin Moller Guest

    wrote:

    > Hi all. I made AJAX call which return me a piece of javascript code. I
    > trying to execute that code and I get that some global variables are
    > not accesible. I mean i use prototype library and when i get ajax
    > response I can't execute code that create next Ajax call.
    > e.g.
    > new Ajax.Updater(....)
    > is name error, can't find name Ajax.
    > What I'm doing wrong?
    > Greg

    Hi,

    The content of the response may have javascript in it, but this is NOT
    executed as you would expect in a normal html-page if you just replace some
    innerHTML of a div with it.

    You need something with CTYPE and a few tricks to use the AJAX-delivered
    javascript. (I am unsure how it worked, since my CSS/XML-skills suck.)

    Google around a bit.
    (I tried, but couldn't find the page I was looking for.)

    If you find a nice tutorial on the subject, post it in this thread please
    for futher reference. :)

    Regards,
    Erwin Moller
    Erwin Moller, May 24, 2006