AJAX ScriptResource does not parse on Safari 1.3.2

Guest

The debug version works ok, but the release version does not parse. (I
suspect it's due to being in one long line.)

Later versions of Safari correct this problem, but 1.3.2 is still fairly
prevalent. Is there a fix to the script resource to address this?

Teemu Keiski

You should be able to create a modified script, put that on disk and just
set the script path

Just place the script say on root folder of your app and then on
ScriptManager

<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">
<Scripts>
<asp:ScriptReference Name="MicrosoftAjax.js"
Path="MicrosoftAjax.js" />
</Scripts>
</asp:ScriptManager>

This way it looks for the script on the disk, not from the resource and it
gives you chance to fix it, what it takes to fix (split it on few lines or
something)

Teemu Keiski

Update: If you check my blog post, it's being said that ASP.NET Ajax isn't
supported on saafari 1.3. It's likely that there are other issues as well.

Guest

Thanks for the tip on the Path attribute.

I've also seen that 1.3 is not supported, but I don't think our usage
figures support that as a good decision. In any case for our purposes, the
debug version seems to work, so using our own path is likely to be adequate.