Ajax TabContainer inside a FormView - Data binding Update doesn't

Colorstone

Hi,

I have a TabContainer inside a data bound FormView (to logically group the
form fields into different tabs). The display part of the data binding works
fine, but the Update doesn't. Basically the FormView cannot find the
TextBoxes inside the tab container's tab panels. Some of the forums say that
it's because of the TabContainer's implementation (by design) of
"INamingContainer", and a hack is to take control of the TabContainer's
source code (ajax ctl toolkit's source code) and remove the
"INamingContainer" interface from it.

I could do that, but I am wondering if there is a "straight-forward"
solution. Please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Colorstone.

rote

Colorstone try looking at the hirachy control of the Tabcontainer by
enabling tracing or something.
If not you you should be able to use another control instead
You would need to find the ID of the Textbox control
Patrick

Colorstone

Patrick, thank you.

I already watched the control hierarchy of the TabContainer in debug -
TabPanels are the parents of all the TextBoxes within them. Within
Form_ItemUpdating(), I tried moving all the controls from TabPanel to
FormView by calling FormView.Controls.Add(); I've put a breakpoint in
ObjectDataSource_Updating event and I see the values within the
InputParameter collection. But for some reason, the values are not moving to
the Update() command of the underlying object of the object data source.

The underlying object is a DataSet object generated by the DataSet designer
provided within VS2008.