    into the <form></form> section?

    Thanks in advanced for any help,
    Asaf
    Asaf, Nov 21, 2007

  2. Asaf

    Peter Guest

    "Asaf" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > 1. Do I need to install "AjaxControlExtender.vsi" and to use "AJAX Control
    > Toolkit Web Site" template when I create a new web site or I can just use
    > "ASP.NET Web Site" and to add "Script Manager" control and have the same
    > functionality.
    >
    > 2. Why when I try to drag for example "ConfirmButtonExtender" to the
    > Designer it's refuses to accept it and I can only drag controls to the
    > Source
    > into the <form></form> section?
    >

    > Thanks in advanced for any help,
    > Asaf

    there's a video

    http://www.asp.net/ajax/
    and select ASP.NET AJAX Support in Visual Studio 2008:

    or just click on:
    http://download.microsoft.com/downl...53f18cc8c9/WinVideo-HDI-VS08-AJAX-Support.wmv
    Peter, Nov 21, 2007

  3. Asaf

    Asaf Guest

    Hi Peter,

    Thanks for the info for the video, however I have installed AJAX tool kit as
    described by the video but I don’t see any option for "Add Extender…" for
    example on an ASP.NET Button.

    How can I solve this problem please?

    Asaf

    Asaf, Nov 22, 2007
  4. Asaf

    Kelly Herald Guest

    Download the source code and open the project in VS2008. Go to the
    project's properties and change the Assembly version (not the file version)
    to 3.5.0.0 (it is currently 3.5.11119.*) and recompile. Once you do that
    add the recompiled release version to the toolbox and everything will start
    working. This "quirk" was driving me nuts yesterday for hours until I found
    a single link somewhere on the web about this issue.

    Kelly Herald, Nov 23, 2007
  5. Asaf

    Cirene Guest

    Can you explain how to do this?

    Thanks!

    Cirene, Nov 23, 2007
  6. Hi Asaf,

    I have reproduced the issue on my side. I will consult product team to get
    more information and keep you posted. Thanks for your patience and
    understanding.

    Regards,
    Walter Wang (, remove 'online.')
    Microsoft Online Community Support

    Walter Wang [MSFT], Nov 23, 2007
  7. Thanks Kelly very much for your sharing.

    Hi Asaf and Cirene,

    You need to open AjaxControlToolkit.sln (from
    AjaxControlToolkit-Framework3.5.zip) in VS2008, open project
    "AjaxControlToolkit" properties dialog, on the Application tab, there's a
    button "Assembly Information", click it and change the Assembly version to
    3.5.0.0 and recompile. Then drop the compiled AjaxControlToolkit.dll onto
    toolbox.

    Walter Wang [MSFT], Nov 23, 2007
  8. Asaf

    Asaf Guest

    Hi Kelly,

    All the projects in the solution are set to the Framework 3.5 and there
    Assembly versions are correct except "TemplateVSI" Assembly and when I go to
    properties for it "Target Framework" is set to 2.0 and when trying to set to
    3.5 I am receiving the error:

    "Exception of type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException' was
    thrown."

    And when I go to "Assembly Information…" the "Assembly Version" is empty
    when entering the values " 3 5 11119 *" I am receiving the error:

    " The assembly reference "System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" could not be added to the project. This
    wizard will continue to run, but the resulting project may not build
    properly."

    * VS.NET 2005 is also installed on my computer.

    Thanks for any help,
    Asaf

    Asaf, Nov 23, 2007
  9. Asaf