AJAX updatable control

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by chylu, Jan 18, 2008.

  1. chylu

    chylu Guest

    Hi

    I'm developing a control that will start a background thread
    (Backgroundworker) and will continously update it's progres.
    Obviously i use UpdatePanel, and have there a label, where the progress
    value shows and a button to start the action.

    The problem is, that i need to click the button twice before the action
    starts. The behavior is as follows:
    Site is loaded
    I click the button - nothing is happening
    I click the button again - bip, it runs.

    After many tries, a used following solution:

    Control:
    ScriptManager
    UpdatePanel
    Label
    Button
    /UpdatePanel

    The button is explicitly connected to BusinessLogic and starts the action.

    Page:
    ScriptManager
    UpdatePanel
    MyAboveControl
    Timer - to refresh the control
    /UpdatePanel

    Any sugestions will be appreciated. I've spent 2 days on it and still no
    light in the tunnel...
    The most important - it MUST be done as a web control.

    chylu, Jan 18, 2008