Ajax: UpdatePanel to show/hide Gridview

Reinhard

Hi,

Need some directions on Ajax, UpdatePanel and Gridview to achive the
following:

I like to show a Gridview with Data ONLY if the user is interested in
Details, but without a full page reload!
If the page loads, only a summary (eg. COUNT of recs) should be
displayed

Like:

static text
--------------- updatePanel Area
[show records (12) - click for Details]
-------------- end of updatePanel Area

static text

-----> if user clicks on "show records" the page should partially
update to display:

static text
--------------- updatePanel Area
[table header - click to Hide Details]
record 1
record 2
record 3
record...
-------------- end of updatePanel Area

static text

A) if the page loads initially, I do not want to hit the database,
except for a fast ( count(*) ) - stored proc. to show #of records
ONLY if the user is interested, I want to execute the full SQL to show
details.

B) if no details are shown, I do not want the Gridview-object to be
instantiated for obvious performance reasons, but show a simple Label
or Hyperlink for (show details)

Anyone have such a component, or can point a way to go?

Thanks,
Reinhard