AJAX using UpdatePanel and without it in the same code

Oleg

Hi,
I'm wondering if anybody using ajax extensions where UpdatePanel tag is used
in addition to existing ajax implementation where UpdatePanel wasn't used yet.

So, there is already a web project where ajax is used, but not with
UpdatePanel. (without extensions) Would I be able to use UpdatePanel tag
along with the current implementation? Or there is a contradiction in older
and newer ajax styles?
It's all .NET 2.0 environment.
Thanks,
Oleg

Michael Nemtsev [MVP]

Hello Oleg,

not quite understand you. What extensions you are talking about? ASP.NET
AJAX Extensions 1.0 for asp.net 2.0?
in 1.0 version you have only one updatePanel implementation

if you are talking about ASP.NET 3.5 Extension preview, then it doesn't have
new Update Panel implementation, and btw if it had, it would be located in
different namespace - ajaxtToolkit, the same as ToolkitScriptManager

---
WBR,