    on JSON ?

    <http://www.google.com/trends?q=AJAX+JavaScript&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all>
    <http://www.google.com/trends?q=JSON+JavaScript&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all>

    VK, May 14, 2006

  2. VK wrote:
    > Google Trends is an all new service (started May 10) and I
    > have not responsability for proper query or data accuracy.

    It is not even a week since it was demonstrated to you that google is
    not capable of presenting statistics that are even consistent, let alone
    accurate.

    > Overall seems pretty close to what could be observed by
    > the post history in c.l.j.

    What if it does?

    > Just curious why exactly Japan got so exclusively
    > hot on JSON ?

    <http://www.google.com/trends?q=AJAX+JavaScript&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all>
    > http://www.google.com/trends?q=JSON JavaScript&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all

    As none of those pages show any actual numbers a comparison graph would
    be more significant:-

    Given your evident talent for being irrelevant, if you are going to post
    this sort of thing don't you think you should make some sort of point?
    Otherwise you are just making a noise to no purpose.

    Richard.

    Richard Cornford, May 14, 2006

  3. VK

    VK Guest

    Richard Cornford wrote:
    > As none of those pages show any actual numbers a comparison graph would
    > be more significant:-

    ACK

    > Given your evident talent for being irrelevant, if you are going to post
    > this sort of thing don't you think you should make some sort of point?
    > Otherwise you are just making a noise to no purpose.

    AJAX and JSON possible usage trends is a noise at c.l.j.? As you wish.

    Can give you three points though:

    1) Google Trends is a cool new monitoring service (unless considered it
    as a part of a unknown world conspiracy). Just for hell of that.

    2) AJAX interest shows rather stable growth since its "re-discover" in
    late 2004. JSON interest after an explosive popularity after its
    "re-discover" shows some slow but stable decline. That would be a thing
    to think why to authors. Comparison is especially interesting since
    both were not invented or discovered: they existed long time before but
    only relatively recently got widely requested.

    3) Presumably it can be used with in conjuction with Gougle Groups
    archives and see - just for example - the most popular requests in
    c.l.j. history as well as the most popular requests of the year 2006
    (and not 2004 as it is now ;-)

    VK, May 14, 2006
  4. VK

    Randy Webb Guest

    VK said the following on 5/14/2006 1:18 PM:
    > Richard Cornford wrote:
    >> As none of those pages show any actual numbers a comparison graph would
    >> be more significant:-

    > ACK
    >
    >> Given your evident talent for being irrelevant, if you are going to post
    >> this sort of thing don't you think you should make some sort of point?
    >> Otherwise you are just making a noise to no purpose.

    > AJAX and JSON possible usage trends is a noise at c.l.j.? As you wish.

    No more so than you claiming:
    <quote>
    If you are curious about software security, it's OT to c.l.j.
    </quote>

    Especially when that software security issue deals with ActiveX and
    scripting.

    > Can give you three points though:
    >
    > 1) Google Trends is a cool new monitoring service (unless considered it
    > as a part of a unknown world conspiracy). Just for hell of that.

    It may be new, and it may be cool, but that doesn't make it worth
    anything. Google's inability to produce accurate statistics - not even
    stats that agree with themselves - points to it being inaccurate and
    thus worthless.

    > 2) AJAX interest shows rather stable growth since its "re-discover" in
    > late 2004. JSON interest after an explosive popularity after its
    > "re-discover" shows some slow but stable decline. That would be a thing
    > to think why to authors.

    Because of the buzzword. The main reason you see the "growth" in the so
    called AJAX is board room pencil pushing pundits wanting to brag at the
    country club about "we use AJAX".

    > Comparison is especially interesting since both were not invented or
    > discovered: they existed long time before but only relatively recently
    > got widely requested.

    Only until the board room pundits can't brag about AJAX anymore and
    discover the JSON buzz word.

    > 3) Presumably it can be used with in conjuction with Gougle Groups
    > archives and see - just for example - the most popular requests in
    > c.l.j. history as well as the most popular requests of the year 2006
    > (and not 2004 as it is now ;-)

    Again, Google's statistics have been shown to be flawed. They can't even
    agree with themselves. So no, it is not worth anything for research.

    --
    Randy

    Randy Webb, May 14, 2006
  5. VK wrote:
    > Richard Cornford wrote:
    >> As none of those pages show any actual numbers a comparison graph
    >> would be more significant:-

    > ACK
    >
    >> Given your evident talent for being irrelevant, if you are going
    >> to post this sort of thing don't you think you should make some
    >> sort of point? Otherwise you are just making a noise to no
    >> purpose.

    > AJAX and JSON possible usage trends is a noise at c.l.j.? As you
    > wish.

    Your record on the comprehension of the value of statistics is already
    so poor that your opinions on this subject are s worthless as your
    opinions on any other. I am reminded that you once posted server logs to
    this group in an attempt to demonstrate some obscure point that you were
    unable to actually state, and that those logs supposedly reported more
    individuals using Safari than using Mac OS X. An obvious inconsistency
    that did not strike you as rendering those statistics worthless.

    There is no certain relationship between what google tends reports (the
    occurrence of terms in google searches) and the usage of any web
    technology.

    > Can give you three points though:
    >
    > 1) Google Trends is a cool new monitoring service (unless
    > considered it as a part of a unknown world conspiracy).
    > Just for hell of that.

    Coolness is no substitute for credibility or relevance. (And the phrase
    is: "just for _the_ hell of _it_.")

    <snip>
    > ... . That would be a
    > thing to think why to authors.

    A mind that puts those words together in that order and then thinks it
    has said something will gibber incoherently forever. The result will be
    noise and no more.

    Richard.

    Richard Cornford, May 14, 2006