    fine when run within my dev server in Visual Studio 2005 but does not work
    on IIS. Any Suggestions?

    Bill

    Bill Gower, Aug 6, 2007

  2. "Does not work" is pretty vague term.
    Suggestion: Rephrase your question and be more specific.

    George

    George Ter-Saakov, Aug 6, 2007

  3. Bill Gower

    Bill Gower Guest

    Example. The Masked Edit does not display the mask. It works fine and does
    display the mask in my development server. When I run the app in IIS, I get
    the textbox for the date field but the mask doesn't work. I am using the
    MaskEdit ajax control.

    Bill

    Bill Gower, Aug 6, 2007
  4. Bill Gower

    Bill Gower Guest

    Further to my post, I am getting no error messages, the app loads just fine.
    It just doesn't use the Ajax controls in IIS 6. I have the dlls for Ajax in
    my bin directory. As I said earlier the Ajax controls work just fine in my
    vs dev server but they won't work in IIS 6

    Bill

    Bill Gower, Aug 6, 2007
  5. Bill Gower

    Bill Gower Guest

    A further note. Scripting is enabled in my browser and when I look at the
    source that is produced I can see the javascript in the page.

    Bill

    Bill Gower, Aug 6, 2007
  6. My guess would be that ajax settings are not in web.config so browser can
    not load javascript.
    Check web.config files on development and production especially <handlers>
    section.

    George.

    George Ter-Saakov, Aug 6, 2007
  7. Bill Gower

    Bill Gower Guest

    No the web config file is fine. I am using the same web.config on both IIS
    and vs dev web server. Could it have something to do with IIS? IIS maybe
    does not know how to handle Ajax. Do I need to configure IIS anywhere?

    Bill Gower, Aug 6, 2007
  8. the web.config is the only change needed to configure Ajax.
    Have you configured the folder as an Application in IIS?

    Also make sure you have JavaScript errors notification turned on. Internet
    Options/Advanced/Display notification about every script error"

    I am almost 100% positive you have a problem with JavaScript.

    George

    George Ter-Saakov, Aug 6, 2007
  9. Bill Gower

    Bill Gower Guest

    I finally got it to work. I rebuilt the web.config file from scratch.

    Thanks for your help

    Bill Gower, Aug 6, 2007