    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Schmeckel
    schmeckel, Apr 2, 2007

  2. schmeckel

    Ben Rush Guest

    I'm trying to put together a list of reasons ASP.Net AJAX seems to break on
    people's sites here:
    http://www.ben-rush.net/blog/PermaLink.aspx?guid=b0c06f26-5641-401b-90c1-13e71a4fc00b&dotnet.

    If any of those don't work for you, let me know and we'll work through it
    (granted the list is small at the moment, but I'm just starting to jot these
    things down).

    --
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Ben Rush

    Ben Rush, Apr 2, 2007

  3. schmeckel

    schmeckel Guest

    Ben -

    I looked at everything that was in your list and even copied you
    web.config. Things are still not working on the web but are fine on
    my machine.

    For your information, I am just trying a VERY basic example and I
    can't get it to work on the web. Here is the code for the page:

    CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %>

    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/
    TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">
    <head runat="server">
    <title>Untitled Page</title>
    </head>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server"
    EnablePartialRendering="True" />
    <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text="Label"
    Width="125px"></asp:Label><div>
    This is a test screen<br />
    <asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel1" runat="server">
    <ContentTemplate>
    <asp:Label ID="Label2" runat="server" Text="Label"
    Width="125px"></asp:Label>
    <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server"
    OnClick="Button1_Click" Text="Button" />
    </ContentTemplate>
    </asp:UpdatePanel>
    </form>

    Do you see anything stupid that would prevent it from working on the
    web but allow it to work locally?

    As I said before, any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks again,

    Schemckel

    schmeckel, Apr 3, 2007
  4. schmeckel

    schmeckel, Apr 3, 2007
  5. schmeckel

    James Irvine Guest

    Your partial page update seems to work ok on my test site:

    http://www.mypichost.biz/aTest.aspx

    It's your code verbatim, except I added a datetime check just to see
    whats being updated:

    Label2.Text = DateTime.Now.ToString();
    }

    James Irvine, Apr 3, 2007
  6. schmeckel

    OD Guest

    do not forget your host must install a part of MS Ajax on his server,
    something you can't do for him.
    It's perhaps the reason.

    --

    OD___
    www.e-naxos.com
    OD, Apr 3, 2007
  7. schmeckel

    schmeckel Guest

    I have my own hosting account, so I just need to know what files have
    to be installed. The only dll I've put on my server is the
    System.Web.Extenstions. Is there something else that I'm missing?

    Thanks again for all of the help!

    Schmeckel

    schmeckel, Apr 3, 2007
  8. schmeckel

    Guest

    If you follow the link I posted earlier you'll see there that i give a
    link to the installer you must run on the server.

    On Apr 3, 12:14 pm, "schmeckel" <> wrote:
    > I have my own hosting account, so I just need to know what files have
    > to be installed. The only dll I've put on my server is the
    > System.Web.Extenstions. Is there something else that I'm missing?
    >
    > Thanks again for all of the help!
    >
    > Schmeckel
    >
    > On Apr 3, 11:57 am, OD <webmaster @ e-naxos dot com> wrote:
    >
    > > do not forget your host must install a part of MS Ajax on his server,
    > > something you can't do for him.
    > > It's perhaps the reason.

    > > --

    > > OD___www.e-naxos.com
    , Apr 3, 2007
  9. schmeckel

    schmeckel Guest

    First of all, I need to make a clarification. I have a shared hosting
    account, not a dedicated account so I don't believe I am able to run
    the install that Ben is talking about. I think my problem is that my
    account is with Godaddy and I don't think they know what has to be
    setup to make things work. I spent 30 minutes on the phone with
    someone who was pretty clueless and ended the conversation no further
    along than when I started. According to their documentation, they
    have installed the System.Web.Extensions dll in the GAC so that
    shouldn't be the problem. If there is something else that has to be
    done, they don't know about it. If anyone out there has gotten AJAX
    to work on a Godaddy site, your help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks to all of you who have helped so far.

    Schmeckel

    schmeckel, Apr 4, 2007
  10. schmeckel

    schmeckel Guest

    I got it figured out. In the testing that I was doing, I was using a
    subdirectory as a test site. For example, if my site was www.schmeckel.net,
    I was using www.schmeckel.net/ajaxtest as the place I was putting my
    code AND my web.config. After messing around with it for a while, I
    moved the web.config in the www.schmeckel.net directory and everything
    worked fine.

    Thanks again to everyone who helped out!!!

    Schmeckel

    schmeckel, Apr 4, 2007