AjaxAnywhere fail to refresh zone after create popup window by calling window.open()

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Jimmy, Oct 6, 2007.

  1. Jimmy

    Jimmy Guest

    I'm getting the error "AjaxAnywhere error : content-type in not text/
    xml :[text/html ..." withe the following dummy-testing code. Why?

    Many Thanks,
    Jimmy

    <!--
    -->

    <aa:zone name="testZoneToRefresh">

    <script type="text/javascript">
    // <![CDATA[
    var testAjaxAnywhere = new AjaxAnywhere();

    function testPopup() {
    var testPopup = window.open("http://someOtherServer/remoteWebApp",
    "testPopupName", "scrollbars=1, dependent=yes, resizable=1");
    testPopup.focus();
    }

    function testFunction(param) {
    try {
    testAjaxAnywhere = new AjaxAnywhere();
    // testAjaxAnywhere.dropPreviousRequest();
    testAjaxAnywhere.onBeforeResponseProcessing = function()
    { someOtherFunction(param); };
    testAjaxAnywhere.handleException = function(type, details) {
    alert("Error: type [" + type + "], details [" + details + "]!");
    };
    testAjaxAnywhere.handleHttpErrorCode = function(code) {
    alert("Error: code [" + code + "]!");
    };
    testAjaxAnywhere.getAJAX("http://localhost/localWebApp",
    "testZoneToRefresh");
    } catch(err) {
    alert("err = " + err);
    }

    function someOtherFunction(param) {
    alert("param = " + param);
    }

    // ]]>
    </script>

    <select id="testSelectId'
    onchange="testFunction(this.options[this.selectedIndex].value);
    testPopup(); testFunction(this.options[this.selectedIndex].value);">
    <option value="select" selected="selected">select</option>
    <option value="1">one</option>
    <option value="2">two</option>
    </select>
    </aa:zone>
    Jimmy, Oct 6, 2007

  2. Re: AjaxAnywhere fail to refresh zone after create popup window bycalling window.open()

    Jimmy wrote:
    > I'm getting the error "AjaxAnywhere error : content-type in not text/
    > xml :[text/html ..." withe the following dummy-testing code. Why?

    "A man comes to the doctor, and says: ..."

    - You have not posted the exact error message.
    - You have not posted the full error message.
    - You have posted something that looks like an XML fragment that
    may or may not be Valid.
    - You have not posted the code of AjaxAnywhere(). (Please *don't*.
    Learn to understand what you are doing before instead.)
    - You have not posted where exactly the error occurs. It could be
    in any line of script code.
    - You have not posted the response message or a URL of the test case.
    - Probably I have forgotten something.

    http://www.jibbering.com/faq/faq_notes/clj_posts.html#ps1DontWork

    PointedEars
    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Oct 6, 2007