AjaxToolKit Question - ModalPopupExtender

Greg Smith

I have a page that contains a ModalPopupExtender. It has a GridView on
it. The data table has a lot of records in it. Not all people will use
this ModalPopupExtender so I would like to avoid the long load time. I
would like to change the SelectCommand when the panel becomes viable. I
can't seem to find an event that fires when this happens.

Am I trying to do the impossible?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

bruce barker

the modal popup is all client side code, no server side events fire. you
could put an update panel in the popup, and fire an update when
displayed. either modify the popup code to fire an event, or use a
hidden button to trigger the popup, a an visible button to trigger the
update panel. it fires event you can use to display the popup, and
probably sme progress control.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)