alert box is closed automatically

Andy Fish

hi,

in the body onload event for a web page I am calling a javascript function
which displays an alert message

one user has reported that the alert appears but then is automatically
closed before he can read it. He is using IE6 on XP SP2.

AFAIK there is nothing that the server or javascript could be doing to close
an open alert box. I am guessing it's a pop-up blocker or something, but the
user claims to have disabled all such things on his browser.

any clues please?

Andy

Kevin Darling

Andy said:
hi,

in the body onload event for a web page I am calling a javascript function
which displays an alert message

one user has reported that the alert appears but then is automatically
closed before he can read it. He is using IE6 on XP SP2.

A long shot, but... if the user used the Enter key to come into the
site, and held it down for just long enough for key repeat to kick
in... then the alert would barely even show up.

Kev