Alert user and disconnect before go on maintenance

mkhmer

Hello,

I want to have my site able to alert User and then Disconnect all current
user from accessing the pages for website maintenance purpose.

If anyone have any idea of this aiming?

Thanks,

Shawn Wildermuth (C# MVP)

Hello mkhmer,

HTTP is a disconnected protocol so there is no way to do this except for
when you go to maintenance mode, the next request can show a "maintenance"
page...but since you won't have a 'link' to your users, no way to notify
them IMHO.

Thanks,
Shawn Wildermuth
Speaker, Author and C# MVP